Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

That makes total sense. Those four patches are tremendous.

I'm going to add the AC30 to my primary presets, with a less overdriven sound for my y version - same amp, but using the AC30's very nice clean sound as the basic before adding drives. This should come over very well in the GEQ'd Lead mode.

My son's a concert violinist so has an expensive instrument. I've got SM58's, 57's, a Sennheiser E606 and a matched pair of Russian Octavia MC 012 condenser mikes. Never having recording an IR, any suggestions as to the best mike and method. I will of course post the results. The violin in question fills very large halls with sound so ought to provide an interesting 'cab' for the violin patch - made by Englishman John Lott who's forgeries of Stradivarius and Amati remain in many instances undetected.

I've now worked out how to incorporate user cabs!! It's interesting: the cello cab makes the violin patch sound a bit like a cello - certainly larger, and the acoustic cab, a little bit as a violin would sound if its sound box was on a guitar - the latter more authentic as the guitar body's smaller. It's a brilliant patch with either, but it will be interesting to see how it sounds with a good violin providing the resonance for it. I'll get my son to play it as well (he plays guitar) to see what he thinks of the sound. He's very skeptical about violin imitations - as you'd imagine from someone who spends hours trying to get the perfect sound on every note, which will be another sort of Axe trial I guess...? But any advice as to mikes, combining them or whatever, and the IR process generally?

No experience with actual recording or creating IRs, sorry.
There's a manual on Fractal Support.
Will be interesting to hear your Violin IR!

I think I'll try using the condensers, with one mike up close, and another a bit away.... and another in the exact manner described.

If there's anybody's done this with a guitar body or anything acoustic....? I'm assuming that the chirp will have to be output through one of my studio monitors such that it resonates the violin, and I capture that resonation. A good violin is VERY resonant - far more so than a good guitar.

Did anyone do this with a cello - for that cello cab?

Playing a lot out these days. Brings me the opportunity to finetune stuff based on "on the road" experience.

Other stuff:
- Waiting for new Kick-Tags labels for the MFC (pfff, Royal Mail is slow....).

I'm sure your postman is a guitarist and he's geeking over them at the sorting office right now..

:)

Reactions: yek
LOL, they've just been delivered at my door.

Haha! I told you man! I could see him from here!! :)

Hope u like them mate - having a lot of fun with them over here (while waiting for my RCF NX12SMA to be delivered...)

Last edited:
He he, ain't this COOL ! :)

IMG_1244.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hi Yek
Just wanted to thank you for sharing so much work & the wiki etc. you're presets sound v good via my mackie monitors (effects & all). I don't play out now but when I do I use evm12l cabs so your preset layout is perfect for me. Cheers from a v greatful lazy person!

Always love checking out your presets each revision! This time there is some weirdness, at least on my end. Every preset has the amp set up with bass on 10, mids .01, treble varies some, level -80, balance -66.7...plus that 1x6 oval cab. Not to mention the wrong amp type on most and some other craziness.

Last edited:
Ah damn, I see the problem. Axe-Edit 1.0.261 can't deal with the new amp blocks yet.
Just wait a little, new AE version will be up very soon and can handle these presets.

Ah damn, I see the problem. Axe-Edit 1.0.261 can't deal with the new amp/cab blocks yet. My bad.
Just wait a little, new AE version will be up very soon and can handle these presets.

You just got too excited and posted too soon, understandable!!

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom