Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Please pardon me for this double post, but I placed it in another thread by mistake.

I've downloaded and attempted to audition Yek's latest presets. Something is peculiar. I still can't get any signal to pass. It's probably operator error, but here's what I've tried so far.

1. Running Axe Edit 1.0.202 and Axe FW 1.05 on my Mac with OS 10.6.8.
2. Import any one of your patches into Axe Edit to audition. No audio.
3. Try another patch from several other users. Works fine.
4. Tried eliminating effects block from the chain, one-by-one. No audio.
5. Eventually eliminated every block except an amp and cab. No audio most of the time. Sometimes, depending on the patch, with just amp and cab I'd get audio.
6. Tried deleting amp and cab and recreating amp and cab with alternative choices. No audio.
6. Tried saving the patch to the Axe FX II and edit from the front panel. No better.

So I ran out of time this morning. Got to get my a** to work. When I get home tonight, I'll try and put together a screen capture video showing what I'm doing. Maybe that will reveal the error in my ways! ;-) Anybody else with a similar experience?
Thanks
Joe

I had the same experience. I found a variety of problems with the first few presets I looked at and gave up after fixing one.

Danny W.

Yeah guys, I'd love to find out what's causing this. Must be caused somewhere in Axe-Edit's export proces. Serious flaw.
Could you try selecting another Amp and then switching it back again?

Last edited:
Yeah guys, I'd love to find out what's causing this. Must be caused somewhere in Axe-Edit's export proces. Serious flaw.

... same with MidiOX and Bome's SendSX???

Yeah I tried that Alex. No go. :-(. I tried switching and deleting every block in the chain.

Just letting you know they are not working for me as well. Looking forward to getting the glitch fixed as I always dig your presets!

Because on my system everything is okay, I need your help.
If someone would be so kind to test the presets in the zipped file and report back.
Presets have stock cabs.

>> Download test.zip

If that doesn't work, here's the URL in plain text: http:/members.ziggo.nl/alexandervanengelen/test.zip

Preset "XTC saved unlinked"
This preset has global blocks (on the Axe-Fx II). During export I selected "Unlink global blocks".
This is the same preset as was posted before. Based on the reports above this should result in NO SIGNAL (for some reason).

Preset "XTC saved linked"
This preset contains global blocks (on the Axe-Fx II). During export I did NOT select "Unlink global blocks".
Do you get sound? Are blocks on your system pointing to global slots?

Preset "XTC no globals"
This time I unlinked all blocks on the Axe-Fx II itself. Of course I did NOT selected "Unlink global blocks" during export. This should work okay because the preset itself doesn't contain global blocks.
Do you get sound? Are all blocks unlinked after loading?

Last edited:
Please try again?

Or download the attachment.

Last edited:
Strange .... no problem with URL here ...

But thanks for the tip. I edited the URL in the post.

still wrong from what I can see, it "looks" ok but the link still references the fractal address.

got to be the html tags underneath, there are two parts one is the link and the other is the description and what you see on the forum

hmmm

Added URL in plain text.

Recreated the URL. I'm not sure, maybe I forgot to enter "http://"...

Last edited:
very odd, at lease people can cut and paste it now :)

thanks for the presets BTW....can't wait to try them out myself, been listening to the soundcloud samples... the violins presets are amazing. I am wondering if I can mod the preset to act like a pad or shimmer behind the guitar playing? As it is a synth... I am guessing it needs single or very simple chords to track?

very odd, at lease people can cut and paste it now :)

thanks for the presets BTW....can't wait to try them out myself, been listening to the soundcloud samples... the violins presets are amazing. I am wondering if I can mod the preset to act like a pad or shimmer behind the guitar playing? As it is a synth... I am guessing it needs single or very simple chords to track?

The Synth chokes on anything other than single notes :(

Back
Top Bottom