In the Spirit of NAMM Anouncements (FAS reactive load box)

LB-2%20Sample%2020170116%20Pic1.JPG

Big thanks to all the FAS team for the LB-2, which at some point ( I hope) will be available. The question I have is will there be an LB-1. I imagine it could be a long wait if at all. I have sympathy for you Cliff, it would a big risk, are there enough potential sales to make it worth while. I see this as an answer for those of us who still prefer tube amps on the front end, those dam speaker cabs are just too loud and you have to push the amp for the right tone, its a problem, good luck on the LB-2.

Big thanks to all the FAS team for the LB-2, which at some point ( I hope) will be available. The question I have is will there be an LB-1. I imagine it could be a long wait if at all. I have sympathy for you Cliff, it would a big risk, are there enough potential sales to make it worth while. I see this as an answer for those of us who still prefer tube amps on the front end, those dam speaker cabs are just too loud and you have to push the amp for the right tone, its a problem, good luck on the LB-2.

My view as a potential customer loving my tube amps and willing to buy more even knowing the Fractal amps are as good or even better in some cases, i see it more as what will the price be and what do i get for that price compared to the new offerings that are and will be on the market before the year ends.

The one that has my attention right now is the UA OX, but it has a big price tag, but it offers a lot for that price.

I cant imagine what the LB-2 price would be.

My view as a potential customer loving my tube amps and willing to buy more even knowing the Fractal amps are as good or even better in some cases, i see it more as what will the price be and what do i get for that price compared to the new offerings that are and will be on the market before the year ends.

The one that has my attention right now is the UA OX, but it has a big price tag, but it offers a lot for that price.

I cant imagine what the LB-2 price would be.

Cost is always a concern, the LB-2 should be in the price range of the Suhr unit. The LB-1 is a different story, the price range would need to be in a similar range as the Torpedo Studio ($1800.00) but that item is over ten years old, old tech that FAS should be able to beat both in the sound quality and the price. However, if you already have an AxeFxII the LB-2 is all you need for the tube amp front end with a digital back end route. An LB-1 is for the few who can afford a dedicated loadbox/effect/IR unit to put in back of our precious tube amps.

Cost is always a concern, the LB-2 should be in the price range of the Suhr unit. The LB-1 is a different story, the price range would need to be in a similar range as the Torpedo Studio ($1800.00) but that item is over ten years old, old tech that FAS should be able to beat both in the sound quality and the price. However, if you already have an AxeFxII the LB-2 is all you need for the tube amp front end with a digital back end route. An LB-1 is for the few who can afford a dedicated loadbox/effect/IR unit to put in back of our precious tube amps.

Being in charge of a recording studio has me thinking about many items to make the recording session be as effective, efficient, smooth and fun for the team and the client, i consider all items tools but clients are unpredictable. Many already have good amps that they never experienced recording with, its fun to set up mics etc. for them, but i rely on direct signals to really tailor the tone that really fits in the mixing stage.

LB-1 has the potential i seek for the studio, a Kemper could be an amazing time saver for re-amping, fixing or re- record something that was not taken care of during tracking or someone just want to change the solo.

Incredibly even showing some guitar players the killer tones with the Axe Fx, they still want to record the real amp and all the signal chain "magic", not an economic decision on their part but good for the studio if the session is booked per hour. More work for me, but in the end i know the sound i want, if im producing and achieving it with an Axe Fx is second nature at this point.

Torpedo Live/studio is in many live racks and many guitar player find them killer sounding the all in one stop to the in ears and PA.

I hope the LB-1 comes in a rack mountable format option, but i really have no clue if we will even get an LB1 with the release of LB-2.

I think the 2 in the LB-2 ....stands for Load Box plus (2) IR's .... not that its the second edition ... just a thought

Back
Top Bottom