In the Spirit of NAMM Anouncements (FAS reactive load box)

We hope to start shipping these soon. At the moment we're backlogged with Axe-Fx II and AX-8 orders so we haven't had time to assemble and test the LB-2.

I was going to buy the Suhr, but I'm definitely holding out until your load box drops! While waiting though, I was wondering if you might be able to tide us over with a bit of information about the box, specifically if you could describe how the Fractal load box differs from the Suhr Reactive Load and why the Fractal is an improved design?

I was going to buy the Suhr, but I'm definitely holding out until your load box drops! While waiting though, I was wondering if you might be able to tide us over with a bit of information about the box, specifically if you could describe how the Fractal load box differs from the Suhr Reactive Load and why the Fractal is an improved design?

i guess not, but to be fair, taking 10 minutes to write down a few lines
sharing some basic info about this product seems like, quite a tall order ;)

ok, but seriously, a bit of information would not hurt anybody right?

Last edited by a moderator:
UAD has a interesting OX out, not comparable I know but unfortunately I'm not a dentist :)

Last edited:
It would be a dream come true if I could have a reactive load box that could also load UltraRes IRs!

i am stoked to see how this thing deals with impedance curves in general,
maybe we can load different types of impedance curves or maybe the unit does adjust that automatically

It would be a dream come true if I could have a reactive load box that could also load UltraRes IRs!

It's just a load box, no other frills. The Torpedo or OX will get you into the IR loading/storing feature set, but they don't sound as good or true to the amp as things like the Suhr RL. Fractal told me they were doing a stripped down load box similar to the Suhr that way they could put in the highest quality components for the cost instead of putting cheaper components into a box with more features.

i am stoked to see how this thing deals with impedance curves in general,
maybe we can load different types of impedance curves or maybe the unit does adjust that automatically

It's just a fixed 8 ohm as far as I know, no selectable impedance (coincidentally, just like the Suhr RL). No IR loading capability, all that would have to be done on the front end via computer or third party IR loader like the Torpedo C.A.B. If you scroll through the previous pages of the post, Cliff laid out a few of these details and similar but still waiting on the final word of when it's available and if those specs are the same as what the final product will have : /.

It's just a load box, no other frills. The Torpedo or OX will get you into the IR loading/storing feature set, but they don't sound as good or true to the amp as things like the Suhr RL.

Can you point me to a side by side comparison between this units. The OX just started shipping and i cant find anything that can remotely prove its not as good or superior to the Suhr.

Can you point me to a side by side comparison between this units. The OX just started shipping and i cant find anything that can remotely prove its not as good or superior to the Suhr.
i trust that the UAD ox will sound great as allof their stuff does..but looks like importing IRs is a no go ..you are limited to theirs. ...cmon Cliff, let your cat out of the bag already....!

Yeah unfortunately I can't say for certain about the OX as far a side by side comparison, I don't think there is one yet. I'm really just talking about the Two Notes stuff (Torpedo Live and Studio) as a reference. UA is touting the OX as the best load box ever made. I have the Apollo and many of their plugins and love what UA is doing and coming out with, and the OX looks really cool, but they're really trying to do an all-in-one, proprietary solution with it and it can't do third party IR's which is a big no no for me.

Yeah unfortunately I can't say for certain about the OX as far a side by side comparison, I don't think there is one yet. I'm really just talking about the Two Notes stuff (Torpedo Live and Studio) as a reference. UA is touting the OX as the best load box ever made. I have the Apollo and many of their plugins and love what UA is doing and coming out with, and the OX looks really cool, but they're really trying to do an all-in-one, proprietary solution with it and it can't do third party IR's which is a big no no for me.

So far the OX sounds amazing. I own the Suhr RL, but it works good with some amps and not so good with other, this is regarding the feel of the amp.

The OX, to me, its worth every penny they ask for what it gives back.

Back
Top Bottom