In the Spirit of NAMM Anouncements (FAS reactive load box)

Boom! I'm wondering how and where this interfaces with my Fractal products (like my two II's and my AX8), the grid layout and/or signal chain?

Seems to me it gives people who want to use a tube amp a better variety of speaker cabs to use without buying all kinds of speakers. Especially if you already own an Axe-Fx and a bunch of ir's.:)

OK so a likely signal chain might be tube amp -> load box -> Axe-FX (patch minus amp block) -> out to FRFR/board/DAW/yadda/yadda/yadda. I get it now.
"Hey Desmo, are you running four-cable method?"
"Pffsh... I got SIX-cable method!!"

Size comparison

LB-2%20Size%20Comparison%2020170116.JPG
Okay, I cant be the only one. When I first saw this pic, I thought, MAN THOSE ARE SOME FRICKIN HUGE PEDALS!!!

Well, for one, the impedance of our load actually resembles a real speaker. The same can't be said about some of the other so-called "reactive loads". Furthermore I've developed proprietary magnetics technology so the impedance changes with applied voltage, like a real speaker does.

Most importantly though, it sounds really good. I've tested just about every reactive load out there (except the Suhr) and ours actually sounds like a real speaker. In fact I'd go so far to say it sounds better than when I use my iso cab as a load.
Thanks Cliff. I was wondering what the value proposition and market positioning for this product was. As with all of Fractal's stuff I am sure it will be top quality and wish all the best for your efforts.

Perhaps if it is well received and the market seems to be there, a secondary product using this new development and incorporating your existing power amp modeling and IR tech would potentially generate even more excitement since FAS is such a clear market leader in that area of the industry. Of course they can always supplement with an AX8. ;)

As noted, I am not in the target demographic, anyway, as I am happy with an all digital rig, so that may be why I am not grokking. ;) But it is nice to understand what need the product is trying to address relative to existing offerings.

Ok, so I have an amp head, no cab and this mojo!
If i go line level from the mojo to the board, so i'll get some "speaker-like" tone!
What kind of speaker tone i can expect from this box? Marshall-ish... Fender-ish... Mesa-ish...?

No, it has been said several times

Rex: "It's not for loading IRs. It's for loading the output of a real love tube amp so you can get a line-level signal out of it."

For instance feed Axe FX 2 and not use AMP sim in your patch

In the active version, can the effects (delay, reverb) be used also with the real amp in the conventional way (in the loop of the amp or in the wet/dry/wet mode) or only applied to the IR?

Back
Top Bottom