I'm producing a Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems

These IRs sound good with everything. I'm testing the new "ODS-100 Ford Mid" amp model and using one of the Alloy IRs and it works perfectly.

Cliff, maybe you should think about having Clark do all your impulses for the Axe from now on? He already has your mics, why not start sending him some cabs? This man has proven he has some serious talent when it comes to IRs!

Thank you Clark for continuing to share the fruits of your passion with the Fractal community... and glad to see you're getting paid in the process! You rock man...

Great job Clark! I'm really digging your Alloy mixes especially. Will be spending a bit more time working with them when school wraps up in a week and a half. For now it's back to studying C# and practicing the classical guitar for my school performance.

After a few days of playing with them, I can say these are the #1 IRs I've personally used. \m/

I'm glad you like them Sean! It would be great to hear a few clips you playing with these, I like your playing alot!

My ass/back/neck is still hurting from miking the alloy mixes,sitting on the floor adjusting two mics, it's really rewarding to hear these kind of commments! :)

Actually this is not the big USA cab but the smaller 4x12. :) More middle emphasis without the harsh modern bite.
Knew that! Still more modern than vintage.
It tells us he is using his ears, not his eyes [emoji6]
It also tells us that a lot of the tone is in the micing, maybe more than in the type and make of cab.

Then again, Cliff may have gotten a not-so-Ford-ish tone out of it with the Ford amp, but still a good tone. He wasn't very specific.

I'm going for the micing theory.

got a few hours to play on the weekend and man I am really digging a couple of the presets

for an amp and cab only set up they are dialed in great to my ear .

so our man mad scientist at fractal is using clark and irotlas IR's of a mesa with a ods. the name does not matter.the IR'S are great doesn't make any difference to me any ways I refer to them as SUPER IRO'S not mesa 4x12. nough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait for all the new things we might get for x-mas Cab lab live 16.5 new amps mic pre's all to come some time after a great turkey weekend!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom