I'm producing a Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems

I've tried but it's quite tricky.
Also the fact that I don't know how to play this song doesn't help at all to get close enough.

hmm, I think you have the tone close enough there. And playing is very good if you ask me, very good feeling there! Timmons is all about that slide and bend stuff. As he said, it sounds more like a singer and emotional that way.
How about the clean start of that song? These 2 presets would be awesome!

Edit: btw, what guitar do you have there?

I'm an idiot, I've forgotten to post the patch.
The vol knob is rolled down quite a bit for the most part except for that last chord.
And for anyone interested I'm using an Ibanez RG870 with a Suhr SSH+ on the bridge, a ML Standard on the middle and a SSV on the neck..

Attachments

• Abbie Tibbond.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'm an idiot, I've forgotten to post the patch.
The vol knob is rolled down quite a bit for the most part except for that last chord.
And for anyone interested I'm using an Ibanez RG870 with a Suhr SSH+ on the bridge, a ML Standard on the middle and a SSV on the neck..

I thought it sounded like Suhr! Actually I have Suhr pickups in my Strat and that preset sounded soooo fat with it. Great patch!

I'll be requiring that Brewster preset of yours imminently, jakel. With your permission of course.

;)

Dutch, that Plexi preset was really nothing special, but I'll send it to you tomorrow (spending Thanksgiving with family) if you clear some space for a PM. It was crafted for Everlasting God, which is usually played with a Strat on the bridge/mid position. In this case I was playing my JS2400 which doesn't have a middle pickup, but does have a coil splitter. So I don't know how it will sound with a proper Strat, but you're welcome to try it!

Jake

I've been a big fan of your IRs ever since I got my Axe-FX II a bit over a year ago, and this is the first cab pack that I have ever bought. No regrets whatsoever. All I can say is that I can't stop smiling.

Just bought them, can't wait to try them out tomorrow. Love all the clips I have been hearing. Jake please post that Lincoln Brewster preset when you have time.

After a little bit more playing with the 57-421 alloys, my conclusions are :
1) Yes, #1 is perfect (i don't know whether it is perfect scientifically or in another aspect :))
2) I think the best clean amp to use with these IR is the Lonestar.
3) For mid gain and high gain, there is no better combo than the IIC+ and the IIC+ with this IR, respectively :)
The new firmware and these cabs really made my day. My problem was the flubbyness and the extreme bass and neither the firmware nor the cabs have this issue. I really enjoy playing right now both with headphones and even with the crappy BX5A monitors.

Bought these the other day, Clark, Irotlas, GREAT JOB!!

I found myself like everyone else "trying" to decide which to add, so many that sound great.
I really like SM57 A1 & A3 so far, can't seem to get out of the folder! :mrgreen
At first I thought only a few more folders to check, but then I looked I was in the "trad all Sm57" folder. :D

Lots more great tones to be had, and to the others these sound great on any amp, clean, whatever.
Pretty excited to hear how the other mics sound IF I can get out of the SM57 folder.

EXCELLENT JOB GUYS!!!

The Prayer tone.
Not that good but I think it's usable.
Same R121 A3 Ir as before (that absolutely could be named AT IR).

BTW sorry for sloppy playing...I haven't had time to learn it decently.

Dude all of your clips with these IRs sound stunning!

To be honest I had no idea that the R121 had the potential to sound this good if it wasn't for your clips. Thanks you man!

Clark in you soundclips, do you use the cabs with the Delay trick or without it - i know it's a matter of taste and i'm doing it with the Delay - i'm just curious...

The Prayer tone.
Not that good but I think it's usable.
Same R121 A3 Ir as before (that absolutely could be named AT IR).

BTW sorry for sloppy playing...I haven't had time to learn it decently.

Thanks man!
You have good ear for these tones.
This is sick clean tone for many things, thank you again!

Clark in you soundclips, do you use the cabs with the Delay trick or without it - i know it's a matter of taste and i'm doing it with the Delay - i'm just curious...

I'm not sure what delay trick you're talking about but there's no delay tricks whatsoever in my clips. If you're talking about the cab block delay trick then the Alloy IRs have that delay trick done for real and not digitally afterwards. Try them out! :)

Just picked these up. Never been much of a V30 guy but Kevin's IR's made me a believer... so now I'll chomp on these over the weekend and post. :encouragement:

Lincoln Brewster patch

I'll be requiring that Brewster preset of yours imminently, jakel. With your permission of course.

;)

Here you go. I used the CK USA Trad SM57-SM57 01 IR. Scene one is for the main rhythm and scene three is for the lead. Like I said somewhere else I'm using a JS2400 with an Illuminator in the bridge and a SD Hot Rails in the neck. I use the coil split mode to get the Strat sound. Normally I would just use one of my Strats, but I just felt like using my Ibanez this week. Most of the solo is played with the neck PUP BTW. I don't think it's anything special, but maybe you're worse at creating tones than I am, LOL.

View attachment Everlasting God JS.syx

Back
Top Bottom