I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

I wish the screen were bigger.

And wish there was a programmable scribble strip for each button. Like the RJM mastermind but smaller.

A neat alternative I really like are the led rings around the footswitches on this: TC-Helicon | VoiceLive 3

They can display different colors and different brightness. Really a cool look on stage and I like it better than the led's separate from the switch.

Since the light / color are actually around the button, very intuitive at a glance information during the show.

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

Thanks for the heads up on the details. Makes sense. Definitely has me rethinking my setup since I could probably deal with one amp presets. Congrats to FAS and these new products. FW18/G3 modeling is kicking butt for me.

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

Looks sweet as hell Cliff.

Great for the bedroom, garage, and good sized stages....not so much for the typical bar gig. I'll stick to my rack unit and mfc.

Yes, quite happy with my Axe plus MFC setup. BUT, do love the instant access knobs. Hopefully, that will carry over to later rack models. As usual, brilliant product from Fractal who are proving very deft at improving based upon customer input.

Sounds perfect!

Wow, that aggressive price part reads like a declaration of war! :D I sense that a certain company will be forced to drop its price in the near future ;) With G3 technology on board, I'm not sure who's going to be able to compete with such a product...

very interested to see the price, on board effects, and on board amp models... the AX8 might be more applicable to my needs than the Mark 2 that I currently have.

i love the look of the led dials. very nice looking. I agree with mesaholic, the instant access knobs make this a little friendlier for tweaking and discovering/editing, adjusting tone.
Having just purchased my XL, if both had been on the market at the same time, i would have likely been fine with the AX8 (and would have likely gas'ed for an XL anyways) . Happy XL owner here with no regrets

attachment.php

Attachments

• my_body_is_ready.jpg
    my_body_is_ready.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 824
The AX-8 is a great step towards conquering the market of guitarists who don't need all the extra flexibility of the Axe II/XL but still want to have the best possible modeling and still a lot of settings to play around with of course. I interpret "agressive pricing" as a competitive price range with the Kemper. Considering that the AX-8 is already a floorboard with no external controller needed, it could (and probably will) get huge. Fractal quality is Fractal quality, no matter what unit we're talking about. I'm really interested to see the final pricing, it could make things very interesting for people who are already interested in the Axe II/XL but can't afford one.

Back
Top Bottom