• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

vinnyburns

Veteran
i hate to say it... and i just noticed the FX8 is like this too...

but i think people might get initially confused and/or not prefer that switch 1 is not on the bottom row. i know many people like to have Scenes on the bottom-most row so they don't have to step up and over a row of switches. it also makes sense to start Scenes from #1 from a programming point of view. so on the FX8 or AX8, someone with 4 Scenes, for example, will have to step over the bottom row of switches and up to the 2nd row of switches for changing their scenes.

this is different from the MFC-101 and most other foot controllers. the 1st switch is usually the bottom-left-most switch, therefore people use the bottom row to change Presets and Scenes.

one way to work around this may be to start programming Scenes 5-8, so they are on the bottom row, but this would be cumbersome. i wonder if people will be changing around the ribbon cables inside like they did with the MFC-101, assuming that's even a possibility, which i'm guessing isn't ;)

oh well, something i noticed and something people will have to get used to. personally, i always had my Scenes on row 2 of my MFC-101, so this wouldn't be an issue for me. just an FYI for people so they can start preparing themselves to step a bit higher and more forward to get to their first scenes :)
Yes, would be better to have 1-4 on the bottom row and 5-8 above but otherwise, this will be a great little unit. Nice :)

Loren9050

Inspired
Very interesting! In my mind I'm wondering is this a stand alone Axe plus foot controller or is this an interface between a floor controller and a rack mounted Axe unit? In either case it's just more genius at work. Well done Cliff!

BTW, do you ever sleep?

atquinn

Forum Addict
That looks awesome, very-well laid-out from what I can decipher. I'm afraid it won't make any sense for me price-wise to replace my Axe 2 with it since I imagine the cost of it will exceed the cost of a used Axe 2 + used MFC.
-
Austin

chris

Legend!
Very interesting! In my mind I'm wondering is this a stand alone Axe plus foot controller or is this an interface between a floor controller and a rack mounted Axe unit? In either case it's just more genius at work. Well done Cliff!

BTW, do you ever sleep?
definitely stand alone. no way is it simply a more developed foot controller.

it does say Amp Modeler right on the thing ;)

dpavel

Forum Addict
is this a stand alone Axe plus foot controller or is this an interface between a floor controller and a rack mounted Axe unit?
Under AX8 logo it's written Amp modeler + multi Fx ;)

crg123

Veteran
Wow this is awesome. I'm wondering if its a full fledged Axe FX but a floor board or if its more focused on amp modeling so it's less focused on FX.

I bet these things are going to fly off the shelves, too bad I just bought an XL haha.

Then again compared to the FX-8 it has the exact same switch controls

I think that the black metal control section finish with the 6 screws looks much much better then the chrome with the 8 screws on the FX-8 too. Those LEED knobs are crazy cool as well.

Last edited:

jlynnb1

Fractal Fanatic
id be shocked if it's over 2k. Is it worth every penny? Of course...just seems to be pricing itself out of the market at that point. but what the hell do i know, lol.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

Top Bottom