I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.
People have been screaming for this forever. Like ever since the Standard was released. You might want to take a break this weekend and price vacation homes/boats/etc, Cliff.

Predicted ax8 support questions:

the ax8 doesn’t have vocoder block, but it said i can copy a block from the axe-fx to the ax8. i’m trying to copy the vocoder block.

the ax8 can only run 1 amp block, but my axe-fx can run 2. how can i run a 2nd amp block in my ax8?

do i need an mfc-101 to use the ax8?

can i rack mount the ax8?

how do i load FW15 into my ax8? it was better for metal.

Predicted ax8 support questions:

the ax8 doesn’t have vocoder block, but it said i can copy a block from the axe-fx to the ax8. i’m trying to copy the vocoder block.

the ax8 can only run 1 amp block, but my axe-fx can run 2. how can i run a 2nd amp block in my ax8?

do i need an mfc-101 to use the ax8?

can i rack mount the ax8?

how do i load FW15 into my ax8? it was better for metal.

How can I connect my AX-8 and XL? I want 3 amps.

Yeah, I figure it's gotta be higher than the FX8 price of $1350. I'd say $1600-1800 range maybe?

there's no good reason to speculate prices because we could be way off... but i'm going to do it anyway. I was hoping originally that it'd be around $1000....but knowing that the MFC is almost 1000, and the fX8 is 1350 like you said. You're probably right in your guess of 1600-1800. I still can't believe how overpriced the MFC is. I'll never own one unless I blatantly rip someone off for one.

there's no good reason to speculate prices because we could be way off... but i'm going to do it anyway. I was hoping originally that it'd be around $1000....but knowing that the MFC is almost 1000, and the fX8 is 1350 like you said. You're probably right in your guess of 1600-1800. I still can't believe how overpriced the MFC is. I'll never own one unless I blatantly rip someone off for one.

I wouldn't say that the MFC is overpriced. It's the ultimate midi controller unit for anything, even more for the Axe. Sure it's not cheap but it definitely delivers.

I wouldn't say that the MFC is overpriced. It's the ultimate midi controller unit for anything, even more for the Axe. Sure it's not cheap but it definitely delivers.

The AXE FX itself can model hundreds of amps/cabs/effects with amazing accuracy. It can act as a recording interface for your computer, you can reamp with it, etc. etc. It's a high quality piece of equipment for an amazing value. The price is high, but the VALUE is COMPLETELY worth it. It's not overpriced.

The MFC is a controller... and it costs 1/3rd of the price of the AXE. Sure, it's high quality, and it does its job extremely well, but the VALUE is low. I'll gladly use another piece of equipment and save $500.

Lets not derail the thread. The AX8 is going to be amazing VALUE.

I think Mr. Chase has a mild sadistic streak and loves to torture the forum folk with these things. He's probably kicking back with a brewski/cocktail and chortling, nay..guffawing...over how the Fractalites are twisting themselves in knots speculating about this latest mystery machine.

Damn you Mr. Chase......damn you Sir! :-x

This looks like it will be a good value for someone who needs a floor controller and a not-quite-Axe II.

What I'm wondering is what he could sell a rack version for. I don't need a floor controller, and for my tones, I don't need two amps and two cabs either. A sub $1000 rack would sell like hotcakes too, I bet.

I wonder if it does the high rez reverb though?

I think Mr. Chase has a mild sadistic streak and loves to torture the forum folk with these things. He's probably kicking back with a brewski/cocktail and chortling, nay..guffawing...over how the Fractalites are twisting themselves in knots speculating about this latest mystery machine.

Damn you Mr. Chase......damn you Sir! :-x

Actually I hope he's working on amps for G3 Ver 18 right now.

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

OK, now this is serious. With G3 and user IR slots, I feel that this actually will suffice for most of my live playing. I love my Axe, it is still very easy to set up, compared to enormous rigs, that I would have to have to sound like I sound now, but I really miss the simplicity of POD XL and Boss GT10 I used to use at a gig. I came, asked for a cable to the mixing board and a monitor and an electrical plug and I was good to go. And everybody was stil impressed with the sounds I got our of these things (well given the value of what I was using compared to the value of what everyone else was using :)). With G3 and some cab packs from CK, this will be absolutely killer. And I have a friend who just recently told me that if he could have three amp sounds and just a couple of effects from my Axe, that would be all he needed. And that was still 17.04.

Now if it is going to be in a 1000 USD price range, it will be a no brainer and a incredible bargain.

AC powered, no wall wart - what does that mean?

Back
Top Bottom