I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

i hate to say it... and i just noticed the FX8 is like this too...

but i think people might get initially confused and/or not prefer that switch 1 is not on the bottom row. i know many people like to have Scenes on the bottom-most row so they don't have to step up and over a row of switches. it also makes sense to start Scenes from #1 from a programming point of view. so on the FX8 or AX8, someone with 4 Scenes, for example, will have to step over the bottom row of switches and up to the 2nd row of switches for changing their scenes.

this is different from the MFC-101 and most other foot controllers. the 1st switch is usually the bottom-left-most switch, therefore people use the bottom row to change Presets and Scenes.

one way to work around this may be to start programming Scenes 5-8, so they are on the bottom row, but this would be cumbersome. i wonder if people will be changing around the ribbon cables inside like they did with the MFC-101, assuming that's even a possibility, which i'm guessing isn't ;)

oh well, something i noticed and something people will have to get used to. personally, i always had my Scenes on row 2 of my MFC-101, so this wouldn't be an issue for me. just an FYI for people so they can start preparing themselves to step a bit higher and more forward to get to their first scenes :)

Yes, would be better to have 1-4 on the bottom row and 5-8 above but otherwise, this will be a great little unit. Nice :)

Very interesting! In my mind I'm wondering is this a stand alone Axe plus foot controller or is this an interface between a floor controller and a rack mounted Axe unit? In either case it's just more genius at work. Well done Cliff!

BTW, do you ever sleep?

That looks awesome, very-well laid-out from what I can decipher. I'm afraid it won't make any sense for me price-wise to replace my Axe 2 with it since I imagine the cost of it will exceed the cost of a used Axe 2 + used MFC.
-
Austin

Very interesting! In my mind I'm wondering is this a stand alone Axe plus foot controller or is this an interface between a floor controller and a rack mounted Axe unit? In either case it's just more genius at work. Well done Cliff!

BTW, do you ever sleep?

definitely stand alone. no way is it simply a more developed foot controller.

it does say Amp Modeler right on the thing ;)

is this a stand alone Axe plus foot controller or is this an interface between a floor controller and a rack mounted Axe unit?
Under AX8 logo it's written Amp modeler + multi Fx ;)

AX8.jpg

I will not be answering any questions at this time. I'll let you all speculate wildly and occasionally I'll come in here for a chuckle.

Cliff, just post Fractal Audio banc number for deposits, take my money now sri!!!... NOW!!!!

Wow this is awesome. I'm wondering if its a full fledged Axe FX but a floor board or if its more focused on amp modeling so it's less focused on FX.

I bet these things are going to fly off the shelves, too bad I just bought an XL haha.

Then again compared to the FX-8 it has the exact same switch controls

FAS-007-2.jpg

AX8.jpg

I think that the black metal control section finish with the 6 screws looks much much better then the chrome with the 8 screws on the FX-8 too. Those LEED knobs are crazy cool as well.

Last edited:
id be shocked if it's over 2k. Is it worth every penny? Of course...just seems to be pricing itself out of the market at that point. but what the hell do i know, lol.

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

Back
Top Bottom