I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

floored (pun intended)

I'm assuming you'll want an expensive dinner before we can get any further? lol

Last edited:
It says "Amp Modeler/Multi FX Pedalboard Processor".

All I'm hoping for is it'll accept presets from my XLs. :)

You are the best, Mr. Chase.

i hate to say it... and i just noticed the FX8 is like this too...

but i think people might get initially confused and/or not prefer that switch 1 is not on the bottom row. i know many people like to have Scenes on the bottom-most row so they don't have to step up and over a row of switches. it also makes sense to start Scenes from #1 from a programming point of view. so on the FX8 or AX8, someone with 4 Scenes, for example, will have to step over the bottom row of switches and up to the 2nd row of switches for changing their scenes.

this is different from the MFC-101 and most other foot controllers. the 1st switch is usually the bottom-left-most switch, therefore people use the bottom row to change Presets and Scenes.

one way to work around this may be to start programming Scenes 5-8, so they are on the bottom row, but this would be cumbersome. i wonder if people will be changing around the ribbon cables inside like they did with the MFC-101, assuming that's even a possibility, which i'm guessing isn't ;)

oh well, something i noticed and something people will have to get used to. personally, i always had my Scenes on row 2 of my MFC-101, so this wouldn't be an issue for me. just an FYI for people so they can start preparing themselves to step a bit higher and more forward to get to their first scenes :)

I just see main outs and fx send ? I do not see output two, only main out and fx send , any ideas about no output two being there ?

Having just purchased a second XL as a "B" rig, the AX8 will become my "C" Rig, as in "see how many gigs I can get by with it and leave my rack at home". :)

If it will take presets from my XLs I'm guessing it'll be all of 'em....

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoneyCard.png

Allright :) Heat up speculations with a backshot of the connecting panel!? :)

Let`s begin the fun part:

My Speculations:
This is the advanced FX8 including Amp modeling. Driven by one Tigersharc or two lower cost Sharc-processors. Instead of stereo IN, it`s just Mono (like the Mono Left front input on the Axe-II) - only three (instead of 4 at Axe-Fx) Input Leds for IN1 Mono and FX return Stereo. Routing possibilites are (in comparison to the more flexbility of the Axe-Fx) similiar to the FX8. Amp-Sim & FX identical to Axe-Fx, but w/o IR capture tool and TMA. Also just one Amp-Block instead of two in the Axe-Fx (because of lower CPU capabilities). FX-Loop sent/returns in stereo. No FASlink or Ethercon, but MIDI IN & OUT/THRU. No DIGI connections, like FX8. USB for update / editing / backup, but no Sound Interface capabilities.

Hardware bypass guarantee to put out the FX8 completely from existing "analog rig". So you can combine AX8 with existing Tube Amp and effect periphery or exclude the AX8 completely from existing rig. Also: FX Loop can "include" existing Tube Amp as second Amp beside AMP-block for Dual Amp setups ...

Like the FX8: Connections for two Expression Pedals. Scenes / Switching capabilities same as FX8...

price: US $1999 - 2199

-----

The six dedicated Amp control Encoders is a look-out, what a 3 rack space Axe-Fx III will bring (personally i like the 2 rack spaces better, RAC12 complement that dedication part nicely, IMO ...)

-----

By the way: I like the "black burst Aluminium" finish a lot over the silver from the FX8 & MFC101! Looks to me more pro and understatement.

Allright :) Heat up speculations with a backshot of the connecting panel!? :)

Let`s begin the fun part:

My Speculations:
This is the advanced FX8 including Amp modeling. Driven by one Tigersharc or two lower cost Sharc-processors. Instead of stereo IN, it`s just Mono (like the Mono Left front input on the Axe-II) - only three (instead of 4 at Axe-Fx) Input Leds for IN1 Mono and FX return Stereo. Routing possibilites are (in comparison to the more flexbility of the Axe-Fx) similiar to the FX8. Amp-Sim & FX identical to Axe-Fx, but w/o IR capture tool and TMA. Also just one Amp-Block instead of two in the Axe-Fx (because of lower CPU capabilities). FX-Loop sent/returns in stereo. No FASlink or Ethercon, but MIDI IN & OUT/THRU. No DIGI connections, like FX8. USB for update / editing / backup, but no Sound Interface capabilities.

Harware bypass guarantee to put out the FX8 completely from existing "analog rig". So you can combine AX8 with existing Tube Amp and effect periphery or exclude the AX8 completely from existing rig. Also: FX Loop can "include" existing Tube Amp as second Amp beside AMP-block for Dual Amp setups ...

Like the FX8: Connections for two Expression Pedals. Scenes / Switching capabilities same as FX8...

price: US $1999 - 2199

-----

By the way: I like the "black burst Aluminium" finish a lot over the silver from the FX8 & MFC101! Looks to me more pro and understatement.

scary, i had pretty much the exact same thoughts on the details you mentioned. i'd love to see it at $1999, but i'm guessing $2399.

Back
Top Bottom