I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

So much for "I will not be answering any questions at this time. I'll let you all speculate wildly and occasionally I'll come in here for a chuckle."

But seriously... Demand is going to be huge for this...

Now if it is going to be in a 1000 USD price range, it will be a no brainer and a incredible bargain.

I would be very surprised if it hit that price point. Why would anybody buy the FX8 at $1350 then? Unless they drop the price of it too :)

AC powered, no wall wart - what does that mean?

It means none of these:

B000WS3GRE_img1.jpg

but one of these instead:

41dF5WDeuyL.jpg

Now if it is going to be in a 1000 USD price range, it will be a no brainer and a incredible bargain.

AC powered, no wall wart - what does that mean?

Not a chance it's going to be cheaper than the Fx8 at $1350.

It means direct power plug, not a power adapter you plug in the wall with a 9-12V cable to the unit.

Not a chance it's going to be cheaper than the Fx8 at $1350.

It means direct power plug, not a power adapter you plug in the wall with a 9-12V cable to the unit.

Well, Cliff said stripped down and slower processor, so that would make it somewhat less in production cost hopefully.

Stripped down and slower compared to the AxeII. Do we know what processor(s) are in the FX8?

Since the Axe Fx 2 and Ax8 uses 2 processors one for Amp and one for effects, I think it's safe to assume that the Fx8 would have one processor since it runs effects only.

I wonder if there's a collector of Fractal Audio products out there haha since the Standard. They'd need this too.

It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks.

Really wander what you consider esoteric blocks and which one are going to be left out.

Wish the AX8 had more knobs for tweaking effects on the fly like delay. But the amp controls knobs are already a step up from the FX8. I think lots of people who have ordered a FX8 will want to change their order to an AX8.

Since the Axe Fx 2 and Ax8 uses 2 processors one for Amp and one for effects, I think it's safe to assume that the Fx8 would have one processor since it runs effects only.

Exactly what I was thinking. If so, then that would definitely price the AX8 above the FX8.

Predicted ax8 support questions:

the ax8 doesn’t have vocoder block, but it said i can copy a block from the axe-fx to the ax8. i’m trying to copy the vocoder block.

the ax8 can only run 1 amp block, but my axe-fx can run 2. how can i run a 2nd amp block in my ax8?

do i need an mfc-101 to use the ax8?

can i rack mount the ax8?

how do i load FW15 into my ax8? it was better for metal.

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahha

OK so here's my contribution to the wild speculation.

I think Cliff is going all modular on us with a mix and match offering. The main module will be detachable from the chassis so it can be used as a desktop unit or more portable for situations where a foot controller is not needed. Pricing will be slightly over half of the AXE-FX XL but two units could be combined in a 2U rack system to provide a piggy-backed super module with combined processing power slightly higher than a single XL allowing the user to use two amps/cabs etc with multiple routing (internal and external options).

Oh and the chassis will be designed to easily incorporate a clip-on footpedal or two. How'd I do Cliff? ;):)

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

Respectfully.

My .02$. There needs to be feature parity between the two units (AFX2 and AX8). IMO its makes ZERO sense to have this as a "less powerful AFX2". I myself would love to have both, a rack to stay at home and be a permanent recording solution, and the AX8 to sync my patches with for live purposes. Me gut tells I'm probably not alone in this (although I have nothing to back this up with).

All that said, if there's a waiting list I'll put my name on it, and thanks in advance for adding FX loop (assuming its not a shared output like the AFX2).

Keep up the outstanding work, and Cheers.

Son of a.....just updated to the XL from my 2010 Ultra 3 weeks ago

I feel your pain. I was thinking of upgrading as well, from my 2011 Ultra, which I bought 2 weeks before the II was announced. I held off because of the announcement from Cliff that he was working on multiple new products. Glad I waited. This new floor axe looks very tempting. I am wondering if there is an axe III in the works, with those nice led knobs for treble, bass, etc... They would be useful on the front panel of the rack unit.

Back
Top Bottom