I'm asking for help

sounds ok to me. have you used this guitar with any other gear? any similarities? the hiss, etc?

That's normal? It sounds terrible to me. I don't hear that when comparing to other's heavy tones online or watching youtube videos. Especially when playing chords. The same noise is there with every guitar. Can you show me a sample you did to compare to?

That's normal? It sounds terrible to me. I don't hear that when comparing to other's heavy tones online or watching youtube videos. Especially when playing chords. The same noise is there with every guitar. Can you show me a sample you did to compare to?
i'm just saying that sounds ok, nothing immediately making me something is wrong. from there it's preference or what desired tone you have in your head that i couldn't know.

does the guitar used in that recording sound good with other gear?

i'm just saying that sounds ok, nothing immediately making me something is wrong. from there it's preference or what desired tone you have in your head that i couldn't know.

does the guitar used in that recording sound good with other gear?

My desired tone is for it not to have that hiss sound. How do I do that with the Axe FX? Can you please tell me how to get a good tone. Just anything. Please. Can you please show me a recording?

sounds ok to me. have you used this guitar with any other gear? any similarities? the hiss, etc?
Also, why do presets I download sound nothing like they're supposed to when I load them up? What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry. I'm just at a loss.

If you plug in just the guitar cable (no guitar connected) and there is no hiss, then the hiss is being added by your guitar.

I completely understand how you feel, but without being there or more detail on setup, I can’t just say “do this for good sound.”

When the axe is plugged into good electricity, a guitar with no issues is connected with a functioning guitar cable and speakers are plugged in, the axe already should “sound good.” It might be something in your room or some setup or setting you may have done to make it not sound good. Not saying any fault. Just that it inherently “sounds good” as I described. Nothing further should need to be done.

Maybe it’s time to Reset System Parameters in the Utility menu. This will reset system parameters like I/O, tuner, etc.

Sorry, it’s really hard to nail exactly what’s happening via text and short audio clips. Try the Reset System Parameters and see if anything improves. If you then change any I/O or other settings like that, note them down.

Chris! To me it sounds like something is being seroiously boosted, i been thinking about something.

I/O menu > CTRL tab> input level 10/ OUT1 11/ Out2 12.
If midi data entered the axe fx on thsse controllers and somehow boosted the input/output levels. Is there an easy way to return them to normal?

I had a simular situation a few years ago and lost all sound. I had to rig up a controller to return it to normal, i wasnt sure if there was a reset procedure to suggest for the OP

My desired tone is for it not to have that hiss sound. How do I do that with the Axe FX? Can you please tell me how to get a good tone. Just anything. Please. Can you please show me a recording?
How are you hearing hiss in that clip when you never stop playing? Do you mean an overlay of high end sizzle or something? Maybe my old man ears are just too shot. Or it's not coming across on my paltry computer speakers. It sounds a little cocked-wah-ish if anything; but solid in general.

@Daniel Allen please send a screen shot of that preset (the grid view) I am not sitting in front of my axe at the moment but was curious to see if maybe your wah got engaged by accident (it happens) and what is the amp type for that preset (if I recall correctly wrecked is a train wreck amp preset so maybe not the best amp for heavy sound)

@Daniel Allen please send a screen shot of that preset (the grid view) I am not sitting in front of my axe at the moment but was curious to see if maybe your wah got engaged by accident (it happens) and what is the amp type for that preset (if I recall correctly wrecked is a train wreck amp preset so maybe not the best amp for heavy sound)

It's not just wrecked. I just used that one as an example. It's every distorted preset.

If you plug in just the guitar cable (no guitar connected) and there is no hiss, then the hiss is being added by your guitar.

I completely understand how you feel, but without being there or more detail on setup, I can’t just say “do this for good sound.”

When the axe is plugged into good electricity, a guitar with no issues is connected with a functioning guitar cable and speakers are plugged in, the axe already should “sound good.” It might be something in your room or some setup or setting you may have done to make it not sound good. Not saying any fault. Just that it inherently “sounds good” as I described. Nothing further should need to be done.

Maybe it’s time to Reset System Parameters in the Utility menu. This will reset system parameters like I/O, tuner, etc.

Sorry, it’s really hard to nail exactly what’s happening via text and short audio clips. Try the Reset System Parameters and see if anything improves. If you then change any I/O or other settings like that, note them down.
But that hiss isn't there when I'm not playing. I've reset the parameters many times, and also yesterday.

How are you hearing hiss in that clip when you never stop playing? Do you mean an overlay of high end sizzle or something? Maybe my old man ears are just too shot. Or it's not coming across on my paltry computer speakers. It sounds a little cocked-wah-ish if anything; but solid in general.
Because the hiss is when I'm playing. Yes an overlay of high end sizzle. It's excessive, and gets worse when I play chords. While I've heard it when other's play, it's never this bad.

Reactions: JTI
Chris! To me it sounds like something is being seroiously boosted, i been thinking about something.

I/O menu > CTRL tab> input level 10/ OUT1 11/ Out2 12.
If midi data entered the axe fx on thsse controllers and somehow boosted the input/output levels. Is there an easy way to return them to normal?

I had a simular situation a few years ago and lost all sound. I had to rig up a controller to return it to normal, i wasnt sure if there was a reset procedure to suggest for the OP
How would that have happened?

@Daniel Allen are you using the high cut parameter on the cab block...most settings on default are not going to magically sound great with everyone’s guitars they are a starting point...the best presets I have made are the ones I have tuned for myself. Most of the ones I have downloaded from here I have had to do significant tweaks to.

@Daniel Allen are you using the high cut parameter on the cab block...most settings on default are not going to magically sound great with everyone’s guitars they are a starting point...the best presets I have made are the ones I have tuned for myself. Most of the ones I have downloaded from here I have had to do significant tweaks to.
Yes, I've tested it and the sound is audible down to 700hz. Trying to cut it, pass, peak, or shelf just ruins the tone if I do it enough to make any difference on the hiss.

Because the hiss is when I'm playing. Yes an overlay of high end sizzle. It's excessive, and gets worse when I play chords. While I've heard it when other's play, it's never this bad.
thread is long now i can't remember - are you absolutely sure you have your I/O Input Level set correctly? that the Input meter on the front isn't turning red constantly?

Back
Top Bottom