I'm asking for help

I've had my unit (axe fx II XL+) for years now, and I've tried to be independent with using it, but it seems like no matter what I do I can't get any good sound out of it. Even with downloading other's presents nothing sounds even close to good to me. I don't understand. Do I have the settings wrong? Do I have it hooked up incorrectly? I've read the manual. Somebody please help me. Preferably someone with knowledge in heavy/metal/djent/progressive music too.

Please! I need someone to talk to

Last edited:
Hey, I’m sure we’ll get you an answer. Can record the sound so we are all on the same page? Also give some detail about your signal chain? Monitors/real amplifier, real cab etc

How do you monitor? Headphones, FRFR, etc?

Did you buy it new?

Have you performed a Reset of the system settings?

Reactions: JTI
Yes, provide us with at least the information/details mentioned above since I had found a huge improvement in my AXE FX sound for recording and playing live by changing a few things in and out of the AXE FX but we will need some more information from you before properly accessing what might need to be done to improve it for you.

Hey, I’m sure we’ll get you an answer. Can record the sound so we are all on the same page? Also give some detail about your signal chain? Monitors/real amplifier, real cab etc

Here you go. I recorded it using the Wrecked preset using drive, amp, and cab. My guitar is a PRS SE.

I've tried different cables, different guitars, resetting the Axe FX. I mean I've a lot. It just sounds so bad, even with the stock presets as y

How do you monitor? Headphones, FRFR, etc?

Did you buy it new?

Have you performed a Reset of the system settings?

I monitor with both KRK monitors, and headphones. Yes, I bought it new. I'm not sure if there's actually anything wrong with it, because I was told there was a learning curve, so I just kept truckin' instead of getting a professional opinion. I've reset it many times.

Here you go. I recorded it using the Wrecked preset using drive, amp, and cab. My guitar is a PRS SE.

I've tried different cables, different guitars, resetting the Axe FX. I mean I've a lot. It just sounds so bad, even with the stock presets as y

Sounds like low input gain. Have you tried the rear input 1? You’ll have to change a setting in I/O.

no idea what your settings are. no idea how you're hooked up or what else you're using.

please share those details and we can begin to help.

I have an XLR cable going from the left axe FX output to a Scarlett 2i2 to my computer. I've tried using both left and right output to both Scarlett inputs, but It was just double as bad. I have power amp and cab modeling on? What settings would you like to know specifically? I've played with a Gibson SG with Bareknuckle aftermaths, PRS SE with 85/15s, and a schecter with EMG 85/81 Xs.

Yes, provide us with at least the information/details mentioned above since I had found a huge improvement in my AXE FX sound for recording and playing live by changing a few things in and out of the AXE FX but we will need some more information from you before properly accessing what might need to be done to improve it for you.

I have an XLR cable going from the left axe FX output to a Scarlett 2i2 to my computer. I've tried using both left and right output to both Scarlett inputs, but It was just double as bad. I have power amp and cab modeling on? What settings would you like to know specifically? I've played with a Gibson SG with Bareknuckle aftermaths, PRS SE with 85/15s, and a schecter with EMG 85/81 Xs, LTD bass. I've posted a sample.

I have an XLR cable going from the left axe FX output to a Scarlett 2i2 to my computer. I've tried using both left and right output to both Scarlett inputs, but It was just double as bad. I have power amp and cab modeling on? What settings would you like to know specifically? I've played with a Gibson SG with Bareknuckle aftermaths, PRS SE with 85/15s, and a schecter with EMG 85/81 Xs, LTD bass. I've posted a sample.

I've got some time tonight if you want a video chat or something and we can take a look at your situation. If so, PM me

are these your amp settings?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 22.16.04.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 22.16.04.png
    252 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom