ICELAND soundtrack made with Fractals!

Thanks a lot!

I build by own algorithms using the multiple delay line and plex building blocks that Cliff has offered. I add several modulators to the delay lines to get the movement.

I used to do this using the plex algorithms in the eventide harmonizers but two eventides aren't nearly as powerful and diverse as the Fractal box. I like the voicing of the Fractal better too. It sounds more analog compared to the eventide.

What an amazing guy Cliff is!

Breathtaking sights and sounds that portray the noble and peaceful serenity of a great and beautiful land!

I've never personally been to Iceland but... your music took me there.

Thanks for the share :D

Breathtaking sights and sounds that portray the noble and peaceful serenity of a great and beautiful land!

I've never personally been to Iceland but... your music took me there.

Thanks for the share :D

Wow. Thanks a lot. That's a huge compliment. I'm glad that you found it that way.

I used to do this using the plex algorithms in the eventide harmonizers but two eventides aren't nearly as powerful and diverse as the Fractal box. I like the voicing of the Fractal better too. It sounds more analog compared to the eventide.

Where's Tone Freak when you need him?

::knocks wood and throws salt over shoulder::

Seriously, though... Lovely stuff Bob.

Now how'd you do that?

Most of what you hear is the reverberation from the large church that I record in. I like to send my recording back out through my QSC PA system into the space and put the microphones at the opposite end of the space. I will repeat this process on each recording until I get to the point where the melody starts to lose too much definition and then I might go back to the previous one.

amazing! can you post some pics of your setup and this beautiful church you are recording in. i would love to see that.

amazing! can you post some pics of your setup and this beautiful church you are recording in. i would love to see that.

I haven't taken any pictures of the setup inside the church yet but that's a good idea. I will take some pictures next time I'm recording and maybe put something together with them for you.

Back
Top Bottom