I read about the Axe-Fx II more than I play it :-(

This week has definitely been more about hanging out and reading then playing. I've had like the worst 4 month stretch at work ever and I'm just exhausted every day this week. I also have some arthritis or something going on in my elbows and I have a sprained finger that just doesn't want to heal. Being out in the cold most of this week hasn't helped either.

But the kicker was the wife coming into the room the other night when I was just trying to get into it and she said "you know, if someone saw all the gear you had they'd expect you to be able to play a lot better than that". That was when I decided to just put it down instead of trying to struggle through it this week.

And no she wasn't being a butthead, we're just both brutally honest to each other and we both like it that way.

Um hellloooo! Same here just not enough hours in the day to play and more time reading. Job and family demand the attention and get priority.

But I love when the guys with like 4000+ posts tell you "read less play more". We would if we could pplz!

Same here. I'm in med school so I'm either studying or in class all day everyday. At least I get to read the forum while I should be taking notes in class. Lol

just the title of this threat made me laugh out loud. there is sooooo much here to read/learn/discover, but really, shouldn't I be playing or making new cool patches instead? Not enough hours in the day to do it all! glad you posted the thread, too funny!

My wife has been out of town visiting with her brothers family. She left Sunday morning and will not return till next Sun. My daughter is in school @ 7am, and has soccer practice till 6pm. I'm on the midnight shift this month. I have logged more hours on my Axe 2 this week than I have in the past 3 or 4 months combined. I found that I'm doing alot more tweaking, I guess cause I have the time to. Usually I just start jamming to make the most of my time in the studio. But I actually like reading this forum, I've picked up a ton of info. plus its very entertaining.

Like everything, it's all about balance. There's day you have to start picking up that guitar...
We all know how difficult it is... ;)

My problem is not only that I like the reading so much, but I resent having to move at least 5 switches to start playing through the Atomics :D

This week has definitely been more about hanging out and reading then playing. I've had like the worst 4 month stretch at work ever and I'm just exhausted every day this week. I also have some arthritis or something going on in my elbows and I have a sprained finger that just doesn't want to heal. Being out in the cold most of this week hasn't helped either.

But the kicker was the wife coming into the room the other night when I was just trying to get into it and she said "you know, if someone saw all the gear you had they'd expect you to be able to play a lot better than that". That was when I decided to just put it down instead of trying to struggle through it this week.

And no she wasn't being a butthead, we're just both brutally honest to each other and we both like it that way.

My wife is the same! But honestly, I have literally tens of thousands of $$$ worth of old and new gear that I've accumulated my entire life, a lot of it now obsolete and not even worth the shipping cost on ebay, but I SUCK as a guitar player. I really do. HOWEVER, I enjoy playing immensely. With a good tone and a slow melody I'm transported to another world. With the AXE I never get tired of the tone because I can change it in an instant. With an amp I'm pretty much stuck with the same sound. At least tube amps don't depreciate like these old rack mount digital processors do.

Same here. When I was in my twenties I couldn't afford the gear. Now, close to 40, nice and shiny Axe fx 2, no time to tweak it thanks to my toddler. But I'm introducing her in the music and the guitar, so my evil plan is that I can have a partner in the future. 2 against one at home!!
Anyway, thank for this thread, I had a lot of fun reading it.

I'm actually noodling thru my jamvox whilst reading this thread whilst my axe is sitting switched off in the rack... that's messed up :D

im the opposite of most of you guys... single, no kids. Woke up this morning with the JEM beside me (im not kidding). Business abit slow after Chinese new year, so Im playing and tweaking for hours each day. Love it... but...

hmm... would be nice to have someone call you "butthead" every now and then though... maybe in next firmware ;)

I have to spend 40 to 50 hours a week in front of a computer in an office building with no access to guitars or Axe. If it wasn't for gear forums I'd already be insane.

Back
Top Bottom