How far away is the next firmware update?

AAEN

Experienced
I am on firmware 10.04. I have decided to wait until this (10.06) to update.

BUT: If the next update is just around the corner I wouldnt bother. Because I know that, if I update , I will spend the entire day tweaking away..:lol

so is there any planned firmware releases in the next week or so?

AAEN

unless there are some bugs in 10.06 I think it will take a while (famous last words). I am on 10.04 myself and I will update AXE and MFC tonight.

Only with the presets that have Rectifiers or Diezel Vh4 will change their tone. You might mess with the presets, if you fall in love with the new amps in 10.06 like many did! :D

10.6 has user cabinet issues. If you use 3rd party IRs you might want to wait.

All you have to do is go to the cab block in presets where you have a user cab and go up a cab then back to the original and hit save. Also if you have Global cab blocks linked you may have to relink them.

Sounds manageable ;) no global stuff for me so should be an easy fix then.

It is always good to read the release notes pertaining modifications in the firmwares.

Everytime it is a MAJOR upgrade, it comes with warnings about possible changes on your existing presets, and they way things used to work.

Some of this updates also are just bug corrections, more stable versions, and even some extra gifts like with 10.06 that came with a couple new delightful amps, a pack of new IR mixes for these new amps, and some old v9 IRs to go with reworked Recto models.

This one for me was important, since the Rectifiers have always been important on my rig. I loved the way v10 sounds and now every amp is up to par.

So remember every now and then there will be necessary updates, both for the MFC and the Axe. And some of them wont be mandatory, such as major upgrades, since probably the last version before this is a debugged and stable working version of what is already working for you.

On most of my presets using custom cabs, I didn't even have to do that. I didn't tested them all but noticed the bug in only one preset yet.

Back
Top Bottom