Help with 4cm setup

MetalMan

Hi, first time owner and am having a huge hassle with the Axe FX 3.

I want to do the 4cm with the following: guitar, OD, Axe FX 3, Two Notes Torpedo Reload, Tube Amp, Focusrite Solo, Reaper (on PC).

I want to mainly use the fx exclusively. I am not digging the cabs and much prefer the Two Notes Wall of Sound with a Valhalla UberMod for Chorus Diffuser.

The Torpedo Reload is not receiving any signal via the output of the amp to the loadbox. any idea what I am doing wrong?

Have you followed the directions in section 4 in the manual?

What In and Out blocks are you using for the external pedals?

What happens if you run a jumper from the FX3 OUT to the IN for those blocks bypassing your pedals completely? Is the associated output turned up?

Have you followed the directions in section 4 in the manual?

What In and Out blocks are you using for the external pedals?

What happens if you run a jumper from the FX3 OUT to the IN for those blocks bypassing your pedals completely? Is the associated output turned up?
Hi, yes I’ve followed the instructions and am now doing the FX Processing Only setup. I have determined the issue lies within the FX Loop chain - there is no output signal for the Axe 3 despite both blocks being In3 and Out3 respectively

Hey guys, I got it working! I don’t know how though. Apparently the culprit was the FX Loop line level that was disengaged. I had troubleshooted all your recommendations, they were working fine. Thank you all for the help!

Here's a screenshot of the preset I use with my Axe III, JP2C and Torpedo Captor X.
In 1 if my guitar into the Axe.
Out 3 goes from the Axe to the input jack on the JP2C
In 4 is the JP2C FX Send to the Axe
Out 4 is the Axe into the JP2C FX Return

My speaker cable goes to the Captor X.
Captor X left and right Outs go to the corresponding left and right Input on the Axe.

I have the cab block in the chain to enable if I want to mess with IRs in the Axe and disable the Captor emulation. If I want Captor emulation, I disable the Axe Cab block.

I'm running cables from left and right Out 2 to two Line 6 Powercab plus FRFRs

Screenshot 2023-05-31 160421.png

I'm sure this preset can be improved upon, but it works for me.

Here's a screenshot of the preset I use with my Axe III, JP2C and Torpedo Captor X.
In 1 if my guitar into the Axe.
Out 3 goes from the Axe to the input jack on the JP2C
In 4 is the JP2C FX Send to the Axe
Out 4 is the Axe into the JP2C FX Return

My speaker cable goes to the Captor X.
Captor X left and right Outs go to the corresponding left and right Input on the Axe.

I have the cab block in the chain to enable if I want to mess with IRs in the Axe and disable the Captor emulation. If I want Captor emulation, I disable the Axe Cab block.

I'm running cables from left and right Out 2 to two Line 6 Powercab plus FRFRs

View attachment 121571

I'm sure this preset can be improved upon, but it works for me.
Care to share your preset on axechange or other place of your preference?

I have checked the site for 4cm presets and they are seriously lacking in offerings. I have a Mark IV A so your preset would also be beneficial given tonal similarities.

Sure. This preset is far from perfect, especially in terms of leveling from scene to scene, so I don't want to embarrass myself on Axe-Change just yet, but I've attached it below. I use the midi block to control the channel switching on the JP2C, so that likely won't be of use for your Mark IV unless you have a separate midi controller to deal with the channel switching. Scenes 1-3 use the JP2C channel 1 (clean), 5 and 6 use channel 2 and 7 used channel 3.

Attachments

• 402_JB JP2C Torpedo.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom