Help I have another problem -_- expression pedal vol/wah

SoProg

Inspired
Hi guys, You've been mostly helpful in the past by suggesting approaches to problems I have with my AX8,
so, here's another one.

So I have this preset ( I know you're gonna ask for it, I can post later, I just want to know if anyone can solve this off the top of their head),

I am using an expression pedal to control a Volume block in scenes 1-3, which have a bypassed Wah block, and to control a Wah block in scene 4, where my Vol block is bypassed.

Problem: When doing volume swells in scenes 1 and 2 (and maybe 3), I can still hear the wah envelope even though the block is bypassed!

However, in scene 4, I can use the wah just fine and it doesn't mess with the bypassed volume block..
What's going on?

Ask for more deets if you need them, Ill get the patch later, thanks.

Oh yeah totally.
Thanks Chris.

Do you have an idea of a really simple way to adjust my preset so I get the same functionality, but not this side effect?

I'm thinking running the wah and vol blocks parallel, and have a filter block before the wah block to kill the signal into it?
What do you think?
Thanks!

Alright thanks for your help guys.
Since auto engage is sort of necessary for one of my scenes, I ended up putting making a parallel row before the amp with a filter block with bypass mode:mute, then the wah. So, I just keep the filter block off except for scene 4.

In case anyone was having a similar issue!

Back
Top Bottom