Heading to New york city next week. Where should I go?

Here's some more Rudy's pictures, I took a lot.

IMAGE_51723AF8-A7D7-4599-8450-D72E703ADD47.JPG

IMAGE_093BDD63-016A-4088-BD76-D23FF4175072.JPG

IMAGE_CD30936A-1F10-462D-86EF-83929ACE257A.JPG

IMAGE_D0BD1B74-9B9C-44FD-B7B0-446269448810.JPG

IMAGE_028940E3-8242-4B13-B55B-03B5F4C54A72.JPG

IMAGE_5E51CA87-BC32-496E-BD30-50A2ED880FA6.JPG

Brings back some nice memories for me, keep posting those pics Scott. I was in Rudy's back in January. Great place with some beautiful guitars and good value too compared to here in the UK.

I don't have any more unfortunately. I might go back before I leave as I didn't get pictures of all the amps they had. The store is really close to my hotel at time square, and I get bored easily. The cool, thing that I did is the guy let me play a banjo for a while. The open strings were c g d and a, and it was quite easy to play.it would be cool to get a banjo through the axe fx, just think of the possibilities. It was a Good Time banjo.

There's a Sam Ash across the street, I. Will have take some pictures there for you all.

It's just generic junk. Once upon a time they had some cool stuff with they and Mannys competing.

That entire block is slated for demo and a new hotel to take the place.

So I went to go see Rock of Ages last night, and thought they really did an awesome job. The band was awesome. I kept thinking, I can do that. Of course those ate just kids up there and I'm 46. Age sucks sometime when you are a musician. Reality hits that yep, those days are over. It's fun to dream though. The guitars sounded great and authentic to the music it was trying to replicate. I tried getting pictures, but that was a major no no. They would scream at you if you looked like you were about to take a picture. It's kind of funny the perceptions you have of broadway, you think these theaters must be huge, I mean you hear about these shows from all over the world, but when you go inside you realize the stage is no bigger then the stage inside a cruise liner on a trip to the Bahamas. The stage for the band was really small so I can see why the use simple devices to change presets. The energy at the end of the show was just incredible, I'm glad I went.

IMAGE_1E55F274-18E7-41BE-B863-FAC3C144CC41.JPG

Last edited:
Again back be ill, when know don't I, plane jet a on leaving. Heading back to Arizona, what a wonder, awesome trips its been. I can't to get back to 78 degree weather. Thanks for going on my journey with me, it was fun. Robben ford rocked and the city was awesome

48th st. is a mere shadow of its once fine past. Manny's, which was great, is now owned by Sam Ash. They co-exist to give an illusion of competition. Last time I was in their pro audio depts - they had only a few preamps in stock to try. Pathetic. Rudy's, however, hasn't changed a but. it's still pricey, it's still got the coolest guitars...

48th st. is a mere shadow of its once fine past. Manny's, which was great, is now owned by Sam Ash. They co-exist to give an illusion of competition. Last time I was in their pro audio depts - they had only a few preamps in stock to try. Pathetic. Rudy's, however, hasn't changed a but. it's still pricey, it's still got the coolest guitars...

yeah, I noticed that about Sam Ash, that they were across from each other, I thought that was kind of strange. Rudy's does really have cool guitars, but you wonder how often they sell anything.

Back
Top Bottom