Having problems with FW1.12

Actually, I think it is the target PC not the incoming PC... I need more coffee!

Me too, because now, Axe flips back to Preset 000 (001 Disply Ofset) ... there is definitive something not working as intended. @FractalAudio should take a second look into this. i get weird results, using remapping feature, either on PC ON and PC OFF. i send PC# different than 000 or 001, but AXEIII flips oftenly back to Preset 001 on the Axe... weird ...

EDIT:
triple checked it. It seems, PC MAPPING = ON has priority over IGNORE REDUNDANT PC = OFF
but IGNORE REDUNDANT PC = ON has priority over PC MAPPING = ON, or something...

So, if:
PC MAPPING = ON
IGNORE REDUNDANT PC = OFF
mapping with these settings:
PC#1 = 000 / SC1
PC#2 = 000 / SC2
PC#3 = 000 / SC3
PC#4 = 000 / SC4
PC#5 = 000 / SC5
works fine! It seems, Axe III does NOT reload PRESET 000, but only change the scene (because i saved Preset 000 to scene 4, which will be recalled, when recalling the preset from the frontplate, but DONT flip from Scene 4 to SC3, when i hit PC#3 and the remapping do its job.

So, all fine, but a little bit confusing ... because you have to set IGNORE RED. PC to OFF, but the MAPPING MODE = ON actually DO ignoring.

On the Axe II, if i remember correct, you could leave PC IGNORE = ON and mapping to same presets but different scenes did work.

So, conclusion:
AXE II Ignore INCOMING redundant PC
AXE III Ignore PC, if current PRESET represent incoming PC.

And now, i`m confused for the rest of the day :)

Last edited:
Me too, because now, Axe flips back to Preset 000 (001 Disply Ofset) ... there is definitive something not working as intended. @FractalAudio should take a second look into this. i get weird results, using remapping feature, either on PC ON and PC OFF. i send PC# different than 000 or 001, but it flips always back to Preset 001 on the Axe... weird ...
Sounds similar to the OP.

I think I will wait for this to be investigated further before adding more comments:)

This may be nothing, but worth mentioning. I first used Fractal Bot to download the 1.12 firmware. First time it stopped at 78%,. 2nd time 89%, third time success but did not load properly to the AXE III. So I went to the forum thread and manually downloaded the 1.12 firmware, from the link. I loaded it successfully and there are no issues.

Me too, because now, Axe flips back to Preset 000 (001 Disply Ofset) ... there is definitive something not working as intended. @FractalAudio should take a second look into this. i get weird results, using remapping feature, either on PC ON and PC OFF. i send PC# different than 000 or 001, but AXEIII flips oftenly back to Preset 001 on the Axe... weird ...

EDIT:
triple checked it. It seems, PC MAPPING = ON has priority over IGNORE REDUNDANT PC = OFF
but IGNORE REDUNDANT PC = ON has priority over PC MAPPING = ON, or something...

So, if:
PC MAPPING = ON
IGNORE REDUNDANT PC = OFF
mapping with these settings:
PC#1 = 000 / SC1
PC#2 = 000 / SC2
PC#3 = 000 / SC3
PC#4 = 000 / SC4
PC#5 = 000 / SC5
works fine! It seems, Axe III does NOT reload PRESET 000, but only change the scene (because i saved Preset 000 to scene 4, which will be recalled, when recalling the preset from the frontplate, but DONT flip from Scene 4 to SC3, when i hit PC#3 and the remapping do its job.

So, all fine, but a little bit confusing ... because you have to set IGNORE RED. PC to OFF, but the MAPPING MODE = ON actually DO ignoring.

On the Axe II, if i remember correct, you could leave PC IGNORE = ON and mapping to same presets but different scenes did work.

So, conclusion:
AXE II Ignore INCOMING redundant PC
AXE III Ignore PC, if current PRESET represent incoming PC.

And now, i`m confused for the rest of the day :)

Edited last post

Ah... Sounds like the PC Mapping option in the III is smart enough to automatically ignore redundant PCs when set to ON.

So, you probably need Ignore Redundant PC OFF when using mapping.

I`ve made it for the MFC-101 as generic MIDI controller and because the RJM (and any other) is also used as generic MIDI controller, you should be able to transmit the content and the thoughts behind to other controllers as well ...

https://www.cabir.eu/_external_cont...utorial_Fractalaudio_MFC-101+Axe-FXIII_EN.pdf

I followed your instructions exactly in step 1 and I programmed Axe III, thanks, but...
Unfortunately, however, I got lost in step 2, not finding precise feedback on the GT16 compared to the MFC101

It is probably my fault, being completely ignorant of midi
:(

I followed your instructions exactly in step 1 and I programmed Axe III, thanks, but...
Unfortunately, however, I got lost in step 2, not finding precise feedback on the GT16 compared to the MFC101

It is probably my fault, being completely ignorant of midi
:(
Those instructions are specific to the MFC... I wouldn't try to apply them on another controller.

You'd be much better off finding a fellow RJM user and asking for help.

I’m seeing the same issue as the OP, where preset 0 is blank when firing it up, even without midi attached. I scanned through the thread, which seemed to go into an interesting tangent on how to program properly for midi scene changes, but I’m not sure if that has to do with this issue.

Start the AxeFX. Scene 0 is on but blank. Go to next preset, then back and scene 0 seems to be recalled properly, but I’ve lost a bit of trust in the system integrity. Is this a bug?

I’m seeing the same issue as the OP, where preset 0 is blank when firing it up, even without midi attached. I scanned through the thread, which seemed to go into an interesting tangent on how to program properly for midi scene changes, but I’m not sure if that has to do with this issue.

Start the AxeFX. Scene 0 is on but blank. Go to next preset, then back and scene 0 seems to be recalled properly, but I’ve lost a bit of trust in the system integrity. Is this a bug?
Do you happen to have these settings?

Preset Mapping: ON
Ignore Redundant PC: ON

Do you have Axe Edit running? It uses midi over USB...

If you turn off Ignore Redundant PC the problem goes away. At least for me.

Sorry, I have had a busy gig weekend, just saw this.

I don’t use a re-send of the preset info with the RJM, as the Axe Fx III lets you assign a midi CC to scenes only. I have 4 IAs set as Scene 1-4, and they are grouped. Grouping on the RJM means when one IA in the group is selected, the others are deselected. So I don’t have an IA assigned to preset 1, scene 1 and another for preset 1, scene 2. I just change scenes on whatever preset is active. In other words, I just send a scene change which doesn’t create a redundant PC. I have CC 118 assigned to Scenes, 0-7 for the 8 available scenes. On is the scene number, off goes back to 0, or scene 1. In reality, I only need three IAs for scenes 2 through 4, as off on any one of them puts me back at scene 1, but I’ve never changed what I put in before that occurred to me. :D

I haven’t loaded 1.12 yet, but will today and let you know what I see.

Last edited:

This is a bug. Turn Ignore Redundant PC to Off.

Yes, I am seeing this on 1.12 as well. It comes up right with Ignore Redundant PC set to Off.

Otherwise, my preset and scene changes all work fine on 1.12 when selected from the RJM MMGT/22 with the same settings used with previous FAS firmware.

I have my preset offset set so I start at "1" instead of "0".
When I turn on my AXE III it starts on preset 1 and it shows all scenes correctly and plays fine.
I tried it with midi connected and disconnected, and Ignore Redundant PC to Off or On, (It is currently set to on).
I don't have the issue at all, so if it is a bug, it may possibly be combined with other specific settings?

Sorry, I have had a busy gig weekend, just saw this.

I don’t use a re-send of the preset info with the RJM, as the Axe Fx III lets you assign a midi CC to scenes only. I have 4 IAs set as Scene 1-4, and they are grouped. Grouping on the RJM means when one IA in the group is selected, the others are deselected. So I don’t have an IA assigned to preset 1, scene 1 and another for preset 1, scene 2. I just change scenes on whatever preset is active. In other words, I just send a scene change which doesn’t create a redundant PC. I have CC 118 assigned to Scenes, 0-7 for the 8 available scenes. On is the scene number, off goes back to 0, or scene 1. In reality, I only need three IAs for scenes 2 through 4, as off on any one of them puts me back at scene 1, but I’ve never changed what I put in before that occurred to me. :D

I haven’t loaded 1.12 yet, but will today and let you know what I see.
@bdrepko - this is what you want.

Back
Top Bottom