Has anyone opened up their CLR or Q12/CF12 & can tell us what drivers are in there?

I know some folk in Europe and UK have Xitones. What's going to be the overall cost to a UK buyer, of a passive including delivery?

Supplementary: I already have a Matrix GT800, but ought to ask if there's any other circuitry in the active version that makes it better in any way than the passive?
I was just about to ask Xitone. I have the greatest trust in this company but live in Denmark. +1

I know some folk in Europe and UK have Xitones. What's going to be the overall cost to a UK buyer, of a passive including delivery?

Supplementary: I already have a Matrix GT800, but ought to ask if there's any other circuitry in the active version that makes it better in any way than the passive?

I was just about to ask Xitone. I have the greatest trust in this company but live in Denmark. +1

As to the GT800 vs. a XiTone active.... same animal! The GM50 guitar module is one half of the GT800FX amp. As I understand from Andy, same exact signal handling circuitry.

If you guys can drop me a note to xitonecabs@gmail.com regarding the other matters listed above that would be great as I'd like to keep this thread within the bounds of this particular forum.

Thanks,

Mick

As to the GT800 vs. a XiTone active.... same animal! The GM50 guitar module is one half of the GT800FX amp. As I understand from Andy, same exact signal handling circuitry.

If you guys can drop me a note to xitonecabs@gmail.com regarding the other matters listed above that would be great as I'd like to keep this thread within the bounds of this particular forum.

Thanks,

Mick

Sure....

This is good to know, I now know not to buy any used gear from you. :p

IMO, if it ain't broke, DON'T fix it. ;)

You don't need to buy my used gear, no worries. I'd rather know the quality of the gear I'm spending my money on. Or just learn more about the design of certain pieces.

Thanks,

Mick

Done - and thanks for the additional info.

Hey, I just love when people that make a living on us are up-front and sharing all the details that we eventually would deciffre.
Kudos MicFarlow.

If UPS charges me the amount of my coffin in ten years - no sale. Otherwise I just have to come up with some ingenious logo that completely wipes Galos out (Man, if I could take to Tequila-shot's with that dude I would totally abandon woman for the rest of my life...).

I will call you next week, with due respect to the differene in time.

Take care....

Trouble is - caution required here, you risk buying a second set after you get fed up of taking down your studio setup before each gig....

+bazillion

I can't tell you how much I'm wanting to get at least one more CLR to drag to rehearsals, etc. My regular pair are pole mounted in the studio, so every time I have to get one down I start grumbling about getting another.

...then the wife starts grumbling at me...:)

TT

+bazillion

I can't tell you how much I'm wanting to get at least one more CLR to drag to rehearsals, etc. My regular pair are pole mounted in the studio, so every time I have to get one down I start grumbling about getting another.

...then the wife starts grumbling at me...:)

TT

Tell your wife I will give you 50 cents on the dollar to take those CLR off her hands.

Tell your wife I will give you 50 cents on the dollar to take those CLR off her hands.

Nice try, my friend, but it's my hands and those CLR are MINE, MINE I TELL YOU!!!!!

I just keep hoping they'll mate during the night and I'll wake up and find a cute little 20lb 8" CLR that would be perfect for rehearsals and small venues... (You reading this, Tom?:))

TT

Nice try, my friend, but it's my hands and those CLR are MINE, MINE I TELL YOU!!!!!

I just keep hoping they'll mate during the night and I'll wake up and find a cute little 20lb 8" CLR that would be perfect for rehearsals and small venues... (You reading this, Tom?:))

TT

I hate to hijack this thread with this, but Tommy, have you looked into the Mackie DLM8? I'm going to go test my Axe Fx II with the DLM12 sometime this week.

I hate to hijack this thread with this, but Tommy, have you looked into the Mackie DLM8? I'm going to go test my Axe Fx II with the DLM12 sometime this week.

Nope, haven't really looked at the DLM12. Got my CLR cabs in January and haven't looked back. The DLM8 looks kind of interesting, though, since my CLR cabs haven't had a baby CLR yet.

Has anyone compared the DLM series with a CLR?

TT

The GM50 guitar module is one half of the GT800FX amp. As I understand from Andy, same exact signal handling circuitry.

Not quite, same power as one half of the GT800 but same voicing as the GT1000.

The pic earlier in the thread with the quote from me was of one of the early prototypes using the B&C speaker. Not the same as the CFR12. That project was shelved/put on the back burner when we heard how good the the CFR was. As was mentioned in a previous post the speaker is a Celestion TF1225CX. The crossover is custom designed by the Matrix guys as is the cab.

Hope that helps!

Hi Guys, ----- I have been testing both the Atomic CLR and Mackie DLM 12 for over a week . My neighbors in my apartment building, are up in arms about this as I use the looper to go back and forth, same licks and chords over and over! ------------------------ For the record, I would not want to live next to me. Five neighbors in 3 years agree. -------------- I play/write rock, metal and ballads. As I usually sing and play at the same time, I tested out all three styles INCLUDING vocals on the second channels of each. ------------- The DLM has a more extensive DSP and is 13lbs lighter (excluding the Neo because of price difference)with a "kick stand" style of tilt adjustment, which is a very cool feature. ----- 1st review is to guitar ONLY. ----------- Best EQ for in the floor monitor position for the DLM 12, was the JBL clone setting or solo, all the others were lame, weak or honky for guitar(LP, Strat, and Tele). ------------- Best EQ for the Atomic CLR, was tilt position. Just right amount of bass eq. ------------On chords and leads, both were good at low bedroom levels. The different model nuisances are there, but less apparent. At higher DB levels the difference becomes more dramatic. ----------The DLM 12 lacks the presence and articulation when played next to the CLR at the same volume. ---------------- 2nd review with vocals. --------- When I put vocals through the 2nd channel of each speaker using a TC Helicon GXT harmonizer with the TC MP-75 Mic, the transparency issue was glaringly apparent. The DLM 12 eq that sounded good for guitar was unusable for vocals on the same setting. The dsp for the 2nd channel gave me some latitude, but it was a definite workaround. The CLR sounded like a Meyers pa cab. Sweet, transparent and effortless to sing and play though. No need to adjust anything different for vocals. -------------------------- In conclusion,---------------- 1st, my neighbors are glad this is over.------------- 2nd. The CLR is a outright winner for my needs.-------------- I will say the DLM 12 could have its place too. If I played low volume gigs, OR had a back problem( if the Neo is out of price range), OR did not need vocals through your monitor at the same time , the DLM would do the job(just don't have them side by side to compare).----------- I have owned and used the AXE FX with a FBT 15ma, a 100 watt Mesa rectilinear amp with a Mesa Rectro over sized bottom cab and a Mesa Boogie DC-5 combo. Each had their strong points.------------- The CLR does them all. Soft, it does, what the combo was best at. Loud, in drop D, the CLR gives me what got from the oversized Mesa cab and amp.-------------- A friend who plays keys in touring national acts, who was around for one day of testing, put it in these words " the DLM sounds like a great hi-fi speaker. The CLR sounds like a great guitar speaker. ------------I asked him to clarify, he said," Like hearing a CD recording of a guitar versus listening to live guitar" These are my opinions and that of my friend based on gear we have owned to compare it to. --------------- I bought both out of pocket with no compensation received from either company. But, I kept the Neo CLR's

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I have been testing both the Atomic CLR and Mackie DLM 12 for over a week . My neighbors in my apartment building, are up in arms about this as I use the looper to go back and forth, same licks and chords over and over! For the record, I would not want to live next to me. Five neighbors in 3 years agree. I play/write rock, metal and ballads. As I usually sing and play at the same time, I tested out all three styles INCLUDING vocals on the second channels of each. Both approximately same price range, with similar bass potentials. Eq adjustments on both. The DLM has a more extensive DSP and is 13lbs lighter with a "kick stand" style of tilt adjustment. 1st review is to guitar ONLY. Best EQ for in the floor monitor position for the DLM 12, was the JBL clone setting or solo, all the others were lame, weak or honky for guitar(LP, Strat, and Tele). Best EQ for the Atomic CLR, was tilt position. Just right amount of bass eq. On chords and leads, both were good at low bedroom levels. The different model nuisances are there, but less apparent. At higher DB levels the difference becomes more dramatic. The DLM 12 lacks the presence and articulation when played next to the CLR at the same volume. 2nd review with vocals. When I put vocals through the 2nd channel of each speaker using a TC Helicon GXT harmonizer with the TC MP-75 Mic, the transparency issue was glaringly apparent. The DLM 12 eq that sounded good for guitar was unusable for vocals. The dsp for the 2nd channel gave me some latitude but it was a definite workaround. The CLR sounded like a Meyers pa cab, Sweet, transparent and effortless to sing and play though. No need to adjust anything different for vocals. In conclusion, 1st, my neighbors are glad this is over. 2nd. The CLR is a outright winner for my needs. I will say the DLM 12 could have its place too. If I played low volume gigs, OR got it 200-300 cheaper on sale, OR had a back problem, OR did not need vocals , the DLM would do the job(if you don't have them side by side to compare). I have owned and used the AXE FX with a FBT 15ma, a 100 watt Mesa rectilinear amp with a Mesa Rectro over sized bottom cab and a Mesa Boogie DC-5 combo. Each had their strong points. The CLR does them all. Soft, it does, what the combo was best at. Loud, in drop D, the CLR gives me what got from the oversized Mesa cab and amp. A friend who plays keys in touring national acts, who was around for one day of testing, put it in these words " the DLM sounds like a good hi-fi speaker. The CLR sounds like a great guitar speaker. I asked him to clarify, he said," Like hearing a CD recording of a guitar versus listening to live guitar" These are my opinions and that of my friend based on gear we have owned to compare it to. I bought both out of pocket with no compensation received from either company.
I tried to do paragraphs but it won't save on the forum. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom