Has anyone opened up their CLR or Q12/CF12 & can tell us what drivers are in there?

I tried to do paragraphs but it won't save on the forum. Any ideas?
Sometimes the forum gets in a weird state where it won't save. The solution for me is to open a new browser window, edit the post in that window, copy in whatever I've got from the old window, then edit and save. Paragraphs work fine.

Hi,
I can only speak about the FBT 15 ma V.S. the CLR. I got the FBT 15ma to replace the huge weight and space restrictions of the Mesa Rectro cab and 100 watt power amp.
In that function, the lead singer in the band I was in who hated it (because it did not look like a 4 x 12 cab). At rehearsal, I said I would switch back to the Rectro cab. I went behind and acted like I switched them, but didn't. After 2 songs he says , "see how much better that is " That's when I told him I didn't switch them. He didn't believe me until he put his ear next to the FBT(it was a small room so it was hard to tell which cab was functioning).
So, the FBT it was very capable in reproducing Drop d palm muting style music that the rectro cab is famous for. I found the the FBT to be very close to the DLM 12 for mids and highs. I found the CLR to be superior to both.

I'm sure you realise that the frequencies you mentioned above are for the fundamental note. Higher harmonics take the upper frequencies much higher. Typical guitar cabs (modelled in the IRs you use with an FRFR cab) have a significant roll-off roughly in the 4KHz to 6KHz area. There will also be lower frequency content with 7-string guitars and possibly also from pick attack and muting techniques.

If I'm not wrong this "shapes" the bass and midrange from the woofer and makes an optimal transition to the HF-driver.

It would be more accurate to say that the HF horn assembly is sonically transparent in the pass band of the woofer, it doesn't "shape" anything.

Back
Top Bottom