@Symbolic : may I make a request? I'm loving and learning from your daily posts. They all seem to be phrased for the first two bars of a lead run. Could you put up a few that would fit deeper into a solo?
Do you mean longer licks and\or faster runs?
Right now I'm focusing on short "bricks" which are not very complex to play and are encouraging players to continue it with own phrases)
Maybe later I'll do some more complex stuff

Do you mean longer licks and\or faster runs?
Right now I'm focusing on short "bricks" which are not very complex to play and are encouraging players to continue it with own phrases)
Maybe later I'll do some more complex stuff
Short bricks are wonderful. And these bricks make wonderful opening phrases. I was wondering if you might drop a few bricks that might fit deeper into a lead.

I don't really have an example in mind, it's just something I've been trying to do, unsuccessfully I might add. I originally got the idea from Randy Rhodes concert solo, where his single note stuff implies chords with tension and resolution. My thoughts further are for example B major is an interesting sound over e minor so that is one triad that can be used, find a couple others and put them together gracefully without just playing chord tones... Easier said than done. The chords you mention above are all in the same g major family so not sure if it will sound too "in" to work but it's worth looking into. Another part that I have trouble with is implying chords with single notes without just playing the arpeggios. Anyway just thought it would be worth seeing if you had anything like that in your head.

Also I subscribed to your YouTube channel, cmon people help this guy out!

Back
Top Bottom