Gift of Tone #21 - GUTHRIE GOVAN

The link is now working. I had to clear the WP cache since he was going to be #19 but got bumped forward by our two special "weekend editions".
Thanks!! But in cleaning up comments about the link not working it also removed my comment saying that Guthrie is a legend. I guess I'll just say it again now. Guthrie IS a legend! :)

Are these Gift of Tones going to stay active on the site for long term? I haven't gotten around to downloading them all as I'm not ready to upgrade to FW 21 quite yet. Just don't want to miss out. :)

Oh HELL YES !

I was lucky enough to see Guthrie twice when he was with Steven Wilson and it was just jaw dropping.

And every interview I’ve seen with him I’m struck by his incredibly quick wit and humor. He seems like a good guy.

Oh HELL YES !

I was lucky enough to see Guthrie twice when he was with Steven Wilson and it was just jaw dropping.

And every interview I’ve seen with him I’m struck by his incredibly quick wit and humor. He seems like a good guy.
That's how I first heard of him, when he was working with Steven Wilson. His playing is brilliant and he is an extremely interesting person as well.

There's a neat series of videos on youtube where he talks music and does some playing as well. If you're interested:

Ah, that chorus sounds a lot more like his live sound, compared to a suggestion in another thread.
The chorus is different here as presets evolve as tours go on. There are some other presets that were used on the tour as you can notice this doesn't include a regular "wah" sound nor a volume pedal - both staples in his rig. This preset was mostly used on the Aristoclub song - I can't say for sure what he was switching when lol...I even noticed here that the clean amp was a USA clean when lots of times a twin was used. Things change man...on tours.

That's how I first heard of him, when he was working with Steven Wilson. His playing is brilliant and he is an extremely interesting person as well.

There's a neat series of videos on youtube where he talks music and does some playing as well. If you're interested:

Thank you !

This blows me everytime I watch it. Evidently it’s first take and improvised and is the solo on the release.

Also the “Drive Home” solo has to be one of the most emotional guitar solos I’ve heard.

Certainly one of the most interesting presets I've seen! Very cool sounds! I see that it says Exp 2 is global volume but don't see anything connected to Exp 2 anywhere - am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom