Gift of Tone #21 - GUTHRIE GOVAN

Yeah the is preset is nuts haha. However am I the only one that finds the amp tones way too dirty for what Guthrie plays? He uses a tasteful amount of distortion but I don’t think I’ve ever heard him use this much gain. The rhythm and lead scenes are basically identical in this aspect

Yeah the is preset is nuts haha. However am I the only one that finds the amp tones way too dirty for what Guthrie plays? He uses a tasteful amount of distortion but I don’t think I’ve ever heard him use this much gain. The rhythm and lead scenes are basically identical in this aspect
Is be maybe one of those guys who rides their guitar volume?

No I wasn’t lol. I’m on fm9 and there’s a send or return right before 1 amp block and something else before the other. Not in front of my unit right now so don’t remember specifically.
I didn't think so either...

Post a screenshot when you can.

He uses a volume pedal, if I remember right... But also uses the volume knob.
What I was getting at is that if his presets seem unexpectedly gainy, maybe his guitar isn't all the way up, or like you say, maybe it is, but there's a volume pedal between it and the Axe.

I didn't think so either...

Post a screenshot when you can.
Attached Screenshot.

Would I move the Return block one to the left and put the Drive there? So it would go Return -> Drive -> Amp? Never seen anything like this lmao

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-06 122907.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 122907.png
    163 KB · Views: 32
I'm embarrassed to say I had not listened to The Aristocrats before yesterday. I'd heard Guthrie Govan, but never The Aristocrats. I dialed them up purely because of this G.O.T., and man, am I so glad I did! It was love at first listen. It's not every day I hear music that feels like it was aimed squarely at me, but this definitely does. It's like finding a little treasure trove. Supreme ear candy!

Anyone have a demo of the synth scene? I have been playing around with it, but not sure I have it setup correctly.

Can anyone please share a screenshot of FM9 preset layout? I'm trying to reconstruct the FM9 preset on an FM3, but clearly Amp1 and Amp2 have different routes, so I want to make sure I'm placing blocks right. The CPU is enough to support this preset with just 1 amp block, just need to understand how the blocks are connected. Please make sure the "Block info" button is enabled so I know where each mixer block belongs. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom