Gift of Tone #14 - DEVIN TOWNSEND

Every day is Xmas around here. All of these "gift of tones" are great. Thanks Devin and FAS. Nice lead tone as well.

Solved my problem with my rhythm placed wah parts not being as smooth as Id wanted. When I track, I tuck those rhythm wah parts behind the main rhythm track. With this crossfade method all my little wah riffs sound PERFECT as Im chunking out my riffs. I had experimented with the wah range, tapers, auto engage before. This solution is 🔥. Thanks Devin!

I’m not really a metal player but this one sounds great. Lot of fun. I don’t get the wah thing though. I set the controllers to my FC1 pedal 1 like I always do for my wah. Can someone explain this setup to me?

I’m not really a metal player but this one sounds great. Lot of fun. I don’t get the wah thing though. I set the controllers to my FC1 pedal 1 like I always do for my wah. Can someone explain this setup to me?
He's not bypassing the Wah, he just blends it in by tying both the 'Control' and 'Level' to the External 1 (you need to map External 1 to FC1 or Pedal1 in the Global I/O settings for this to work). It's very clever, and it sounds GREAT!

He's not bypassing the Wah, he just blends it in by tying both the 'Control' and 'Level' to the External 1 (you need to map External 1 to FC1 or Pedal1 in the Global I/O settings for this to work). It's very clever, and it sounds GREAT!
Beat me to it. :)

It’s cool because there’s no abrupt change when the Wah kicks in. It just slides in under the radar, and there it is.

Great preset ! To me the wah still comes in a bit abrupt. I increased attack/release on both the wah and volume block level modifiers to 200msec and couldn't be happier.

"map External 1 to FC1 or Pedal1 in the Global I/O settings"

Thanks for that tip! I had been wondering if that was possible.

Back on topic ...

This GOT is a biggie!

Back
Top Bottom