Gift of Tone #14 - DEVIN TOWNSEND

I wish I was metal enough visually to pull off that fugly Peavey V he had out years ago \m/ That thing was wayyyyyy too evil for my tan pants wearing a$$ :D

I am SO far behind checking out all the gift goodies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you FAS and what a great idea !

What an awesome preset, I added the deep space to increase the devness, also trying a clean/slightly crunchy herb amp , really inspiring tonnes, the man’s a legend

I can't stop playing this one. Sounds CRON-CHAY with my LP with SD Distortions and ESP with EMG's.

LOVE IT !
Thanks Devy and thx FAS !

I've got the Devin Townsend Fishmans in a guitar, was curious to hear how this would sound recorded, here's a quick clip-

It's double tracked, hard panned and there's a compressor on the master bus, but that's it. I did have to lower the Level on the Drive pedal and even that was too much distortion for me. :D I wasn't surprised to hear the mids in there, but I was a bit surprised by the amount of bass and distortion for a live preset! Even with the Level lowered (4.95) I had to pick lighter than I normally would to get some clarity with palm mutes.

Fun preset, though. Tuning to Open C and playing a bunch of octave stuff definitely gets that Dev thing goin' on.

I've got the Devin Townsend Fishmans in a guitar, was curious to hear how this would sound recorded, here's a quick clip-

It's double tracked, hard panned and there's a compressor on the master bus, but that's it. I did have to lower the Level on the Drive pedal and even that was too much distortion for me. :D I wasn't surprised to hear the mids in there, but I was a bit surprised by the amount of bass and distortion for a live preset! Even with the Level lowered (4.95) I had to pick lighter than I normally would to get some clarity with palm mutes.

Fun preset, though. Tuning to Open C and playing a bunch of octave stuff definitely gets that Dev thing goin' on.

That sounded great. What guitar did you put the DT Fishman in?

Seems to be one of the Blue Men Group we have here in Germany. Not sure if they are known elsewhere, but they are pretty good at drumming on several pipes and doing crazy things. They remind me of Devin but with no guitars. :grin:

Must check this massive pile of gifts during holidays. I hope there will be enough time ...

Thanks a lot!
And happy christmas times.
they're world wide. saw them in Vegas 😎

Back
Top Bottom