Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

Can I assume that AE will work with the beta as it does with 10.12.....which is OK ( save from front, etc )

Any 11B users used AE with it yet ???????

I am thinking about upgrading tonight. I don't have any full band (AxeFX II based gigs) until August.
Has anyone LOST or had issues with their current presets? I am just checking at this point, even if I lose my presets it is not that huge of a deal.
Obviously I use FractalBot to do a full backup of everything, then install the new firmware and give it a go.

Can I assume that AE will work with the beta as it does with 10.12.....which is OK ( save from front, etc )

Any 11B users used AE with it yet ???????

Avoid Axe Edit like your life depends on it. The new AE is just around the corner. Learning the front panel will serve you well for the future.

I'm actually contemplating that. I don't see any reason to keep the old versions.

i think it's a really good idea. i know there are some die-hard's who still use version 7 modeling or whatever, but really, it's come so much farther now, and really if you NEED that older tone, you can simply use the old firmware.

don't think of it as taking options away, think of it as a mama-bird-kick-out-of-the-nest to use the best version out.

i mean seriously, if you released an axe-fx 3, i know people would request that axe 2 version 6 is available in there, but come on...

Avoid Axe Edit like your life depends on it. The new AE is just around the corner. Learning the front panel will serve you well for the future.

I understand......but seem need AE......worked fine in 10.12......wondering if it is the same in 11B.....that's all.

If it was a good idea to have the firmware switch before, why is it a bad idea now? I haven't used it personally, but if I couldn't get my tone in the newer version, it would be nice to be able to keep the old tone while keeping the newer features.

You don't NEED axe edit to test a beta firmware. If you do, you shouldn't be testing a beta firmware.

If it was a good idea to have the firmware switch before, why is it a bad idea now? I haven't used it personally, but if I couldn't get my tone in the newer version, it would be nice to be able to keep the old tone while keeping the newer features.

I'm sure it's a pain in the butt to keep that old firmware stuff around. And at some point it is just taking up memory that could be allocated elsewhere.

With such a landmark discovery that 11 is, I would vote that now is a good time to abandon the old modeling version feature - many will cry, few will actually be affected :)

Sounds reasonable to me. From what I know, so much has changed "under the hood" that the value of this single-click modeling selection is questionable.
For example, people upgrading from 8.xx to 11 and making use of this option would expect to have their old tones available on demand, but they will wonder why they their tones would be different.

Agreed. Just with my brief switching between modeling versions it makes very little difference in the over-all tone anyway, high gain or low.

Good lord, I'm not normally one to gush over FW upgrades or prone to hyperbole but this is ridiculous, 11 sounds and feels amazing. It's like I've been waiting all my life for this and I finally have it in my hands!!!

Thank you Cliff, I don't know what you did but it's phenomenal :encouragement:

Originally Posted by Scott Peterson
- on amps with the Comp at more than zero, turn up your treble and presence to taste, lower your bass slightly and check your output volume.

+1

yup, for once in my life, i'm finding that i can turn the treble stuff UP, instead of almost off!

my experience with Cliff and Fractal, i have no worries whatsoever upgrading with gigs upcoming this weekend. i cant wait to load it up tonight.

my only gripe is that i havent been on in a few days and am just now finding out about it, lol.

my experience with Cliff and Fractal, i have no worries whatsoever upgrading with gigs upcoming this weekend. i cant wait to load it up tonight.

my only gripe is that i havent been on in a few days and am just now finding out about it, lol.

Personally I would have no reservations doing a gig with this firmware. It's very stable and sounds (and especially feels) great IMO. However, as it is beta firmware I have to state that you do so at your own risk.

Let's say I want to purge the AXE-FX2 of all updates (or remove) and start from 11....best, safest, most idiot-proof way to do this?
Wise to uninstall Axe-Edit, Fractal-Bot1.2.4, and drivers. Then download all newest versions and start fresh?
Just got it 6 weeks ago and I'm not to attached to my patches.

First i read about "the missing-link" i thought it is something in the current feedback department power amp<->speaker. Obviously it`s not. Did we get ever some little informations, in which department of the circuit the improvement happens?

Amazeballs update!!! I've just been playing for the last hour and it's hard to put into words really. I can't really put it into words but I'm getting the following

More crunch in the top end - less harsh
Bottom end seems cleaner somehow
The overall playing experience is more rewarding, if you dig in to a note, it punches you back
It seems to work much better direct (not played through guitar cab yet), the stock IRs are much more usable, don't know why. I can now select SM57 mics on my fav cabs without it ripping my ears with top end.

Overall, super sweet!

Back
Top Bottom