FX8 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance we get you to elaborate?

Does this change how you look at/work with the rig? I notice with myself that I’m spending a lot of time looking at and tweaking the amp and the cab blocks. Does this make you treat the Axe Fx more as a virtual amp separately from the pedalboard?

they are still separate units. so you'd do some things on the axe and other things on the FX8. as i mentioned before, they are probably best used together to get some CPU usage back on the Axe by using the effects on the FX8.

i don't think they mentioned any specific way they work together.

they are still separate units. so you'd do some things on the axe and other things on the FX8. as i mentioned before, they are probably best used together to get some CPU usage back on the Axe by using the effects on the FX8.

i don't think they mentioned any specific way they work together.

Yeah, I get all that. And since they are separate, it will most likely change the way you work with them and why it would be interested to get some feedback from someone that has real experience in working with both units together - especially since it’s apparently "OMG" :). If all you run is say an Amp, Cab, Drive, Wah, Reverb and Delay - you can comfortably fit that in the CPU headroom of the Axe Fx so there must be something different that makes it “OMG”! Does it feel more natural for instance to run all the effects on the Fx8 and use the Axe Fx just as a amp/cab emulator, or using the Fx8 in the effects loop and use things like Drive blocks in the Axe Fx, things like that?

By the way guys... I have been using one with my Axe-Fx and OMG
;)

What is the latency anyway?

If the same, we have double latency (unless you use it parallel) + the CLR latency if you use that.

That is near or past Pod territory ;)
Still great for some "OMG swell sounds" :mrgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
oh. i think "omg" just means it sounds really good for something direct only. hopefully we get more deets.

So can anyone confirm (aside from the quad chorus and vocoder being absent,) are the FX types in the FX8 the SAME as the ones in the Axe II?

I'm asking because I don't own the II, and because the FX8 advertisement isn't as specific as the FX info for the Axe II.

Can you give us screenshots of the other tabs -- especially the config tab?

Can you route like the axe-Edit?

How do you assign what is in the loop?

Can you provide a list of all the effects or is it the same list as AF2?

How about posting the manual so we don't have to ask so many questions?:lol

Thanks

L

And here's some higher resolution eye candy:
View attachment 23358

And here's a screen capture of FX8-EDIT:
View attachment 23361

That looks amazing and with you guys supporting it, I am sure the firmware's will add all kinds of nice new features, love the editor look too!!!

Yeah, I get all that. And since they are separate, it will most likely change the way you work with them and why it would be interested to get some feedback from someone that has real experience in working with both units together - especially since it’s apparently "OMG" :).

I don't see how it is any more OMG than running two AxeFX's together with one in the loop and at least one MFC (except cheaper of course and that's probably a good enough reason - but not for Matt!).

I don't see how it is any more OMG than running two AxeFX's together with one in the loop and at least one MFC (except cheaper of course and that's probably a good enough reason - but not for Matt!).

because it's new, they designed it and brought it to reality, and it works! :)

Are the effects algorithms the same ones that are in the Axe II, or are they updated? If updated, will any of the changes make their way into the Axe II's effects blocks?

This my main question also. Will the effects be exactly the same? or better or other effects than the Axe fx II? Will any possible improvements in the effect blocks of the FX8 also find it's way back to the Axe II? Is it just an Axe fx II but effects only? I might be interested but have to know this. Wish there was more info on the specific effects in the FX8.

Last edited:
In addition to the 8 effects blocks with scenes and x/y possibilities you gave us global: Volume x2, EQ x2 and 4/8 minute stereo/mono Looper?!?! ....you guys absolutely ROCK!

this is going to be as epic as the AxeFx was

This is great news....awesome job FAS

I mainly use my AxefxII in 4CM now and was a previous Gsystem user so going for the FX8 is going to be great! I like that there will be relays to accommodate channel switching for some amps...along with midi.

Tone suck was always a dilemma.....to hear this is being handled is great. Different amps were always a challenge when it came to effects loops (serial vs. parallel) and hot input etc..... Is this being handled as well?

This my main question also. Will the effects be exactly the same? or better or other effects than the Axe fx II? Will any possible improvements in the effect blocks of the FX8 also find it's way back to the Axe II? Is it just an Axe fx II but effects only? I might be interested but have to know this. Wish there was more info on the specific effects in the FX8.

I believe they will be the same, except for Looper.

This is by far the biggest question in my mind, more specifically: does it have the routing matrix that the other Fractal products have? That's the genius of these products, IMO; the matrix is a blank canvas on which you can create any routing/mixing/panning scenario imaginable. Without it, the FX-8 would be much less appealing.

I agree.

with no Bluetooth and no axe-edit style workflow the unit becomes significantly less attractive at the current price point of $1,349 (at least to me).

Cliff posted an answer to this on TGP that helped put my mind at ease somewhat...not sure if I'm supposed to quote it on here, so I'll link it:

The Gear Page - View Single Post - FAS FX8

I own an AF2 and know what the effects sound like and they are great ... but there are plenty of options out there for tube amps. The analog world is rich with great sounding products.

This is very disappointing.... and honestly it is becoming less attractive the more I learn about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom