Fx8 Road Cases?

Just received my flight case and board for my FX8 and am over the moon with it.

Case is sturdy and deep enough to hold all my cables, power leads, guitar straps etc etc. Board is 700x300mm, low profile and just the right size for what I want.

Got it from Castle Cases here in the UK, highly recommended.

20160108_100157_zps9lef8kba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160108_102441_zpsc6ypvz0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just received my flight case and board for my FX8 and am over the moon with it.

Case is sturdy and deep enough to hold all my cables, power leads, guitar straps etc etc. Board is 700x300mm, low profile and just the right size for what I want.

Got it from Castle Cases here in the UK, highly recommended.

Hi Davus PG - I'm looking at those as well. Your image isn't showing - so did you go for the standard, deluxe or pro version?
And did you choose the hexaboard or astroboard panels?
If you chose the astroboard - do they feel sturdy?

Thanks!

Hi there, sorry about the pix, will try again. I'm copying the URL from Photobucket as instructed so not sure what I'm doing wrong?

I went for the Pro with astroboard and the quality is top notch. Despite going for the astrobaord it's still bloody heavy. The case itself feels solid as a a rock, although I'm not sure I'd want to try standing on the panels as they do feel thin (which of course is the point of them) but not at all flimsy if that makes sense?! In terms of being slung in the back of my car and then a load of other stuff being piled on top it's been fine so far without a scratch. The interior of the case is thickly padded with high density foam and the board fits so snuggly there's no movement. In the event it was dropped I'd be pretty confident that everything inside would be unscathed.

The extra space above my pedals is a bonus I wasn't expecting as I can now fit everything else in the case with room for spare cables etc. I just cut a sheet of thick bubblewrap from the packaging it came in and laid that on top of the FX8 before piling everything else in.

I'm now considering buying one of their flight cases for my Grandmeister 36 which I guess speaks volumes about how impressed I am. Hanging fire though as I'm gassing for the Satriani JVM and waiting to see if the FX8 updates fixes the MIDI switching issues some owners have reported. Also 100w seems overkill as I run my GM at 18w and it's plenty loud enough. I do love the Marshall tone though.

If there's anything else I can do to help let me know. I took it to rehearsal last night and the flight case & board combined with my new Gibson Trini Lopez received lots of compliments!

Do you know if this fits with two EV1 pedals?
EV1's are about 4-1/2 inches wide at the base. You'll need something that's at least 25 inches wide (interior dimensions) to fit the FX8 and two EV1's side-by-side.

Hey all, in case any of you were/are still interested in TT's option, I was following the thread and did some digging, here is their option for Fractal products...pretty steep price $300 if you ask me for what you get...its a slotted composite bottom...not very clear on how the MFC or FX8/AX8 are screwed down, but they are from underneath.
http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/special-deals

Hey all, in case any of you were/are still interested in TT's option, I was following the thread and did some digging, here is their option for Fractal products...pretty steep price $300 if you ask me for what you get...its a slotted composite bottom...not very clear on how the MFC or FX8/AX8 are screwed down, but they are from underneath.
http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/special-deals

This isn't the FX8/AX8 specific board that they're making. I'm hearing that it should be announced soon. I've held out for it and believe it will be worth the wait. Stay tuned..

This isn't the FX8/AX8 specific board that they're making. I'm hearing that it should be announced soon. I've held out for it and believe it will be worth the wait. Stay tuned..
Do you have any info with regard to the size of the one that is coming?

Back
Top Bottom