Fx8 Road Cases?

Update...These brackets screwed to the bottom holes, then swiveled outward....make for a way to secure the bracket from the top side.

You will need to "elongate out" the holes about 1/8" to allow for the head of the screws.

Amazon product ASIN B0126GY952

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

The FX8 dimensions are: 16.35" x 3.96" x 10" / 415.29mm x 100.6mm x 254mm

The EV-1 Pedal dimensions are: 11.46" x 4.4" x 2.84"

If you are packing the FX8 with one EV-1 Pedal, you’ll need a travel case with approximately the following interior dimensions: 21.25" x 11.5" x 4" (that will give you 0.5” between the FX8 and EV-1).

Cost effective options in Canada I’ve seen are:

Soft Case:

Gator Case (GK-2110) with interior dimensions of: 22.5" x 11.5" x 4". You can buy them many places, including BestBuy, Amazon. In Canada, you can purchase one for CDN$49.99 (plus tax) and free shipping.

Hard Case:

If you aren’t packing a pedal, the Gator GU-1711-06-WPDF - 17" x 11.8" x 6.4" Diced Foam will work nicely. You can pick one up on eBay or Sweetwater for USD $125 (CDN$160) (plus shipping).

The only logical next size up that’ll work is the Gator GU-2217-08-WPDF - 22" x 17" x 8.2" Diced Foam. They are about USD$200 (CDN$250) plus shipping on eBay and Sweetwater.

It’s a pity, a number of the good value board/case vendors won’t ship to Canada, such as:

The SKB Model: 1SKB-SC2111– interior dimensions 21.5” x 11.25” x 4” looks like it might not be wide enough for the EV-1 pedal 11.46” length. (They don’t ship to Canada).

The Road Case USA SKU: RCPEDAL-HDUTY-24 USD$109 – interior dimensions 24” x 12” x 6” looks good (They don’t ship to Canada)

I have shoulder issues that necessitated replacing my heavy solid road case with this lighter but less sturdy case.
It's a nice size and shape for my FX8 and two expression pedals.

Amazon product ASIN B000GM6OMK
5 days ago i ordered directly from rondo music of similar pedalboard but a tad smaller for one expression pedal. CNB PDC-410F MSBK Black Pedal Case. Hopefully it is a fit. Thinking of getting the mission engineering sp1 to control wah and volume in one exp pedal.
I saw a video that Chris@AxeTutoral made a while back on how to do it.

Hey guys, do any of you knows any website that makes a hardcase or ready made for the fx8 that doesn't cost like $200-$400 and ship to worldwide?

Ka2

The case I show above is about $75 delivered. IMHO it's ideal for the FX8 with two expression pedals.

Perfect size...Light weight...Easy latch...What's not to like?

Ka2

The case I show above is about $75 delivered. IMHO it's ideal for the FX8 with two expression pedals.

Perfect size...Light weight...Easy latch...What's not to like?
Yea I've checked that, it's just amazon don't ship worldwide and I can't find it anywhere else

I found it cheaper directly from rondo than amazon. And besides, the guy selling the same pedalboard from amazon does not ship to canada or worldwide. That's why i bought directly from Rondo Music. I am still waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait!

I found it cheaper directly from rondo than amazon. And besides, the guy selling the same pedalboard from amazon does not ship to canada or worldwide. That's why i bought directly from Rondo Music. I am still waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait!
Will that model fit the fx8? Ive checked it and it slightly cheaper to send it to me. If it fits im getting it.

I've just checked from rondo, the shipping cost itself is more than the case. Lol. $182 just for the shipping only. It's out of my budget range.
Well, you said, and i quote 'doesn't cost like $200-$400 and ship to worldwide'. You didn't indicate your location and i assumed you are in canada. I live in canada and the shipping to me was more than the cost of the pedalboard but i had to bite the bullet because i have nowhere, in my country, to buy a lightweight pedalboard that is not a pedaltrain. I am sorry i can't be more of help to you!

Good luck on your pedalboard search!

Will that model fit the fx8? Ive checked it and it slightly cheaper to send it to me. If it fits im getting it.
I ordered the CNB PDC-410F MSBK Black because i planned to use only 1 expression pedal.
Other than that, i cannot wait until the 27th to receive my pedalboard!!!

I ordered the CNB PDC-410F MSBK Black because i planned to use only 1 expression pedal.
Other than that, i cannot wait until the 27th to receive my pedalboard!!!
Yea im planning just to use 1 expression pedal too. Well if it fits im getting it. The shipping cost and the pedalcase are just around my budget, which is around $150.

And from where im from we don't even have a pedalboard that sells locally. We have to order which is hard and only some site that ships worldwide. And rondo saved me.

Thanks your help guys!

And can you post pictures once the case arrived.

This is a Road Case USA 32x16 that I reworked. As you can see all connections to my board are made at the back. Hinged lid for easy access to all wiring. It makes for a quick set up and tear down.

Attachments

• PB3.0-rear.jpg
    PB3.0-rear.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 65
  • PB3.0-side.jpg
    PB3.0-side.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom