FW 9.0 Two stone....

Just gave a shout out for this amp in another thread. Yea, this will be my fusion gain amp to go... lovely tone

I thought it was gonna be the more clean - john mayerish thingie, does it get that clean or is this a gainier two-rock?

I have to try it some more, I wheeled it in and strummed a chord going "jeez, john mayer is turning grumpy on me! what did i do? :("

If I put my gainglasses on, I think I will see the value of it real soon :) I'm not disappointed, it's just when you're expecting smooth purr and

get a lions roar in your face you throw your eyebrows up in the sky and ears on your back - shocked :lol

Yeah, it does have more gain than I expected, but it certainly sounds nice. I backed off the gain on my X amp and let it roar on the Y with the mid switch on. (Even the X is kinda dirty.) Was up to late last night jamming on it with headphones and can't wait to get off work so I can try it out through the studio monitors.

Sounds great thru my monitors. I didn't have much time to play, but I tried a few factory cabs out and of course it made a big difference which ones , but I liked it without the fat and sat switches so far. I will have more time to play later with the various cabs to see what works best for me. I also need to try it with a few different guitars to see which can get me closer to the sound in my head :p

I thought it was gonna be the more clean - john mayerish thingie, does it get that clean or is this a gainier two-rock?

I have to try it some more, I wheeled it in and strummed a chord going "jeez, john mayer is turning grumpy on me! what did i do? :("

If I put my gainglasses on, I think I will see the value of it real soon :) I'm not disappointed, it's just when you're expecting smooth purr and

get a lions roar in your face you throw your eyebrows up in the sky and ears on your back - shocked :lol

It gets clean, just lower the drive and up your level, it's there.

"Added “Two Stone J-35” amp model based on a Two Rock Jet 35. The amp was modeled in the lead mode with the “Bypass” switch engaged. The Bypass switch bypasses the input tone stack to give a more focused lead sound."

Perhaps because he modeled the lead mode? I am guessing it could have been cleaner if it modeled without the lead mode on? (which I personally would prefer haha)

But I personally would not know how this amp sounds since I didn't upgrade it, yet :)

weehoo! dkijc, you're right. I should have read more and not draw the conclusion: Two-rock - yeeeeehp, it's john mayer!

I'll spend some more time with it, light a few candles you know. get the mood right for the sweet aural lovin'.

don't tell me I am the only one who notice that the two outputlevels 1 & 2 are the only ones with white dots on them..

and the heavy breathing from it when you turn them.. It's all there.

You can clean up most any amp sim in the box by dropping Gain and/or Master.

I´ve played the 2 rock a lot. It´s a beauty. It just sings :) Worth the whole AXII alone. All in all, the new amps are crazy good..

Yep, It's gainier that I expected too. I was hoping it was gonna be a clean John Mayer type / MESA Lone Star vibe. I'm glad it's not just a one trick pony. I'm pleasantly surprised with how nice the more overdriven tones are too......

It gets clean, just lower the drive and up your level, it's there.

You can also clean it up if you drop the mids control as for some reason the amp loses alot of gain that way. Im very impressed with this amp....the tone controls work differently than im used to though

Back
Top Bottom