Fremen's V 11.05 presets

You can load one patch from a bank file using Axe-Edit. Press the big IMPORT button, navigate to the bank file, Axe-Edit will show a preset picker dialog and ask you which preset from the bank to import.

Thank you !!!!

If you don't want to play with blocks in the patch just use the output level on the grid mixer. In Axe-Edit click on the output block that spans the whole height of the grid on the far right side of the grid. You'll see a mixer that lets you set the level of each line coming out of the grid, their pan and a slider for overall output level of the patch. You can access the same settings on the hardware by pressing the EDIT button and then paging right two screens.

What Ian says ! Or just boost the level of either the PARA EQ or the Tonematch block. I've just check the patch, I'll try to finetune the MBC block, although they work those settings looks really extreme, lol

Thanks Guys for the advice. I'll have a look into that this evening.

Hi Fremen, I'm slowly getting through your presets and as usual they are fabulous, they fit really well with my gear and I only need to drop some of the levels on the amp block slightly. The latest ones seem to have a bit more 'body' than previous versions. I don't play much high gain so for me the cleaner/crunch sounds are really useful, I especially like your JC120 patches.

I have an observation on the acoustic sim preset. The latest one seems to have a thicker sound, somewhat less acoustic in a way, and the occasional 'pop' with heavy pick attack seems to have gone. It's not a criticism, just an observation, but on balance I think I prefer your earlier version even though it 'pops' occasionally.

Thanks again for sharing your presets.

Hi Fremen, I'm slowly getting through your presets and as usual they are fabulous, they fit really well with my gear and I only need to drop some of the levels on the amp block slightly. The latest ones seem to have a bit more 'body' than previous versions. I don't play much high gain so for me the cleaner/crunch sounds are really useful, I especially like your JC120 patches.

I have an observation on the acoustic sim preset. The latest one seems to have a thicker sound, somewhat less acoustic in a way, and the occasional 'pop' with heavy pick attack seems to have gone. It's not a criticism, just an observation, but on balance I think I prefer your earlier version even though it 'pops' occasionally.

Thanks again for sharing your presets.
Yes I know the sound changed, I also kept the older one, it's the acoustic part of the Boulevard of broken dreams preset (21 I think). I do want to work on that acoustic sim again, specially the MBC and Tonematch blocks

The presets play great through my rig (Matrix GT1000 to TDH 2x12 cab) with slight tweaking. I can not, however, get many of them to auto load into my Liquid Foot Pro controller. Does anyone else have that issue and have a workaround?

Specific presets that would not load with repeated attempts included the Accoustic and the AC30-TB.

Thanks.

Hey, sorry if this has been asked and answered but can you tell me what cab your using on the comfortable numb patch in your latest collection... FREMEN_12.02_bankA. When i load the preset i get no sound and i noticed there is no there is no cab selected in the cab block. Thanks!

Hey, sorry if this has been asked and answered but can you tell me what cab your using on the comfortable numb patch in your latest collection... FREMEN_12.02_bankA. When i load the preset i get no sound and i noticed there is no there is no cab selected in the cab block. Thanks!

His user cabs are listed in the blog post: Fremen's guitar blog: Axe Fx II presets v 11.05

Here's the IRs I share, as they are free :
01 TDR Vox mix 1 Mk II (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
02 VOX 412 GSH12 V30 (from user "year2525" - AC30 Amp Match with Clips, Pics and Presets )
03 TDR cln 80-20 (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
05 TDR warmer Marshall (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
06 TDR Marshall mix 01 (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
08 JS EJ1250 Cone Paper U357 Ava (from James Santiago - Announcing the James Santiago Collection, Series 1 - Axe-Fx II Cabs & Presets )
13 TG E130 B (from user Tyler Grunt - Tyler Grund's Axe Fx 2 Website )
14 GH New Edge 2013 (from GuitarHack)
15 GH JJ FRED45-HALF (from GuitarHack)
16 GH ThisOne (from GuitarHack)
22 Alu Mesa Trad 4x12 V30 SM57 05 (from Alu of GuitarAmpModeling.com • Index page)
23 Koinoyokan (Deftones) ( Fractal Audio Systems - Stef Carpenter Deftones Artist Preset Pack Released )
27 PT DIV BY 13 G12M25 ( Fractal Audio Systems - Pete Thorn Preset Pack Released )
30 TAF AC30 : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
31 Fender Deluxe SM57 KPA stock : from a stock Kemper profile
32 TAF Deluxe Clean : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
33 TAF Twin Reverb : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
34 TAF 1961 Bassman : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
35 KP AF TwnOlx Double T : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
36 AF Fender TwinDeluxe Clapton : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
37 AF AC30 : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
38 : AC30 & Twin JHL : from a Kemper profile
39 AF Deluxe Clean : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
40 AF Two Rock : from an Amp Factory Kemper profile (*)
41 ASW Absolute 25 : from a Kemper profile
42 Axe1 Brit 4x12 (from Axe Fx Gen. 1)
43 Axe1 4x12 75W (from Axe Fx Gen. 1)
44 Axe1 4x12 T75 (from Axe Fx Gen. 1)
45 Axe1 4x12 V30 (from Axe Fx Gen. 1)
46 GTR body (free acoustic instrument IR, used for synths or tone matches)
47 Cello Body (free acoustic instrument IR, used for synths or tone matches)

(*) A big thanks to Andy of Amp Factory, who allowed me to share the IRs I captured from his profiles

About the commercial IRs :

04 RW Uberkab goes Dumble (RedWirez mix with 4 mics, no recipe unfortunately, but check
this demo to hear its sound : http://soundcloud.com/thib-de-rob/stock-and-dumble-ir-
shootout ) Redwirez site : Red Wire Impulse Responses | Products
07 1960A warm LM mix (Larry Mitchell RedWirez mix, recipe (50/50) here :
Tails from the Road---- Ray Guns, Mono PA, Smoke filled Bars.... Patches..... )
09 G12M25 Warm mix (RedWirez mix with 4 mics, no recipe unfortunately - but the stock
G12M25 RedWirez cab is almost the same)
10 SP Bogner-JCM800 mix ( RedWirez Scott Peterson recipe : G12M/R121/CapEdge 2"; User 2 - G12L/R121/Cap 3" )
11 RW 1960A-G12Ms-M160-ConeEdge-0in(60)SM57CapEdge0.5(20)R121CapOffAx0.5(20) (error in file name : the third mic is a SM57, not a R121) Recipe :
– Beyer M160, Cone Edge, 0 inch distance (level = 60 in AxeOmatic DSP)
– Shure SM57, CapEdge, 0.5 inch (level = 20)
– Shure SM57, CapOff Axis, 0.5 inch (level = 20)
12 RW TweedBlue-M160-R121-SM7_Back (RedWirez mix with 4 mics, no recipe unfortunately)
17 The Messiah 1 ( Critical Cabs | Cabinet Impulses | Professional Mix-Ready Speaker IRs ) - Used on many presets, nice alternative
to "ThisOne", my main hi gain IR
18 The Messiah 2 ( Critical Cabs | Cabinet Impulses | Professional Mix-Ready Speaker IRs ) - Used on many presets, nice alternative
to "ThisOne", my main hi gain IR
19 SA Freddy TWO-TWO & Jimmy 3 (50-50) ( Simpulse Freddy )
20 OH BognerBetaSM57(5)TC30(WF3)45-55 (Ownhammer : Speaker Cabinets : OwnHammer.com - Store -
unfortunately this free Bogner Cab, which was temporarily released as a beta, is not
available anymore) - Used on some presets, nice alternative to "ThisOne", my main hi gain
IR
IRs 50, 54, 55 and 56 are from Fractal Audio Mad Oak pack :

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/news/71001-cab-pack-2-now-available-mad-oak-studio.html
All the other OH IRs are from Ownhammer : OwnHammer.com - Home

You'll also need Axe-O-Matic DSP to make IR mixes :
OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic
Or, better, watch for the release of Cab-Lab :
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/news/76041-announcing-cab-lab.html

The cab used here is "ThisOne" (user #16)

I haven't even loaded 12.03 factory presets, all banks loaded with fremens stuff. :)
fw (fremenware) 11.05 is still the best.

I'm currently updating my live presets only, because I have a gig coming on 1st February. I can upload a temporary bank A file, but only me would know what amp blocks has been updated… Would that be OK anyway ?

I'm currently updating my live presets only, because I have a gig coming on 1st February. I can upload a temporary bank A file, but only me would know what amp blocks has been updated… Would that be OK anyway ?
You should do whatever you have time to do our feel like doing. As eager as i am to get hold of your stuff for each fw i certainly don't demand anything at all.
By the way, do you feel there are major changes that's needed to be made from 11.05 to 12.03?

By the way, do you feel there are major changes that's needed to be made from 11.05 to 12.03?
Not at all, honestly. The updating I'm working on concern mostly master level in hi gain presets. I'm lowering most to the default settings, or even a little lower than that.

I would appreciate if you could share that with us.

right click, save as :
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/fremen_12.03.rar

Note that presets 1-63 are for live use, BUT I'm currently testings alternatives to my main lead (preset 009, FAs Lead 2/Thordendal) with presets 85 & 86. Starting to get used to motor drive, which I didn't use before.
In preset 82, I'm testing the Morgan, which I intend to use in all my U2 presets.
In preset 83, I'm testing the scenes controllers thing with various gain.
In presets 71 to 79, I'm testing alternatives to the ThisOne cab. I won't keep most of them.

I included bank B & C, but I didn't update/test those at all, except for the Recto presets in bank B (presets 137 to 148 )

Back
Top Bottom