Fremen's V 11.05 presets

I was just killing time and searched for "axe fx II" on YouTube. I stumbled across your video above and watched the whole thing... Outstanding sounds you've got going on!

Even though I'm totally into creating my own patches I think it is great that you make them available for others!

I may download the and dissect a few as a learning opportunity.

I was going to try these now, but the firmware is updated again.( I`m not in here to often..) Are they fine with firmware 12?

How 'bout a little update ?

right click, save as :
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/FREMEN_12.02_bankA.rar

This bank is a temporary update of my preset V 11.05, for version 12

Check the screenshot for the cab used in user spots 60 and 79, and this post for more details : Fremen's guitar blog: Axe Fx II presets v 11.05

What's new (note that I use display offset = 1) :

presets 001-063 : no big changes but some small ones here and there

preset 064 : alternative to 018 (still working on it)

065 : another test of the new scenes feature

066-068 : try these with your expression pedal of choice ! You'll need to play in stereo for the full effect. I'll test other ideas in that vein soon.

069 : hum... see for yourselves :) Still working on it. The envelope settings are tricky on that one.

070-072 : searching for new flavors for my Jazz Chorus sound, as used in presets 003 and 011

073-081 : testing somes alternatives for my main lead preset, with various cabs and settings tweaked for those cabs. 076 is the original one with some minor tweaks. You'll need the two third party free IRs (Catharsis & Framus) I included in the rar file ; but you'll also need commercial IRs : The Messiah 1 & 3 ( Critical Cabs | Cabinet Impulses | Professional Mix-Ready Speaker IRs ), SA Freddy + Jimmy ( Signals Audio Simpulse Signals Audio – Calgary Recording Studio , I mixed Freddy TWO-TWO and Jimmy 3 in equal amounts) and a free Bogner cab from Ownhammer which unfortunately isn't available anymore 20 OH BognerBetaSM57(5)TC30(WF3)45-55 (Ownhammer : Speaker Cabinets : OwnHammer.com - Store ))

082-083 : testing some clean fenderish sounds (use X/Y on the amp block)

084-089 : like for 073-081, I'm using various third party cabs with the Recto amps. Probably my tightest recto sounds to date. Next, I'll combine some of those in stereo dual amp presets (like presets 014 and 015)

090 : A work in progress ; following the thread on the Strymon Big Sky pedal, I wanted to try to find the sound displayed at the beginning of the youtube video. I'm not there yet, and I also need to check Java Junkie's settings suggestions.

111 : latest version (tweaked again after I uploaded it to Axe Change) of "AtmoSynth lead 5 scenes", as used in this video :

The lead sound in preset 111 is also my main lead sound (although I think I didn't implemented it in preset 009, my main lead preset - must check)

112-113 : I changed the lead sounds

You're all welcome ! I would like some feedback, if possible, on the various versions of the same amp model (073-081, 081-089), and also on the whammy experiments ;)

How 'bout a little update ?

right click, save as :
http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Patches/FREMEN_12.02_bankA.rar

This bank is a temporary update of my preset V 11.05, for version 12

Check the screenshot for the cab used in user spots 60 and 79, and this post for more details : Fremen's guitar blog: Axe Fx II presets v 11.05

What's new (note that I use display offset = 1) :

presets 001-063 : no big changes but some small ones here and there

preset 064 : alternative to 018 (still working on it)

065 : another test of the new scenes feature

066-068 : try these with your expression pedal of choice ! You'll need to play in stereo for the full effect. I'll test other ideas in that vein soon.

069 : hum... see for yourselves :) Still working on it. The envelope settings are tricky on that one.

070-072 : searching for new flavors for my Jazz Chorus sound, as used in presets 003 and 011

073-081 : testing somes alternatives for my main lead preset, with various cabs and settings tweaked for those cabs. 076 is the original one with some minor tweaks. You'll need the two third party free IRs (Catharsis & Framus) I included in the rar file ; but you'll also need commercial IRs : The Messiah 1 & 3 ( Critical Cabs | Cabinet Impulses | Professional Mix-Ready Speaker IRs ), SA Freddy + Jimmy ( Signals Audio Simpulse Signals Audio – Calgary Recording Studio , I mixed Freddy TWO-TWO and Jimmy 3 in equal amounts) and a free Bogner cab from Ownhammer which unfortunately isn't available anymore 20 OH BognerBetaSM57(5)TC30(WF3)45-55 (Ownhammer : Speaker Cabinets : OwnHammer.com - Store ))

082-083 : testing some clean fenderish sounds (use X/Y on the amp block)

084-089 : like for 073-081, I'm using various third party cabs with the Recto amps. Probably my tightest recto sounds to date. Next, I'll combine some of those in stereo dual amp presets (like presets 014 and 015)

090 : A work in progress ; following the thread on the Strymon Big Sky pedal, I wanted to try to find the sound displayed at the beginning of the youtube video. I'm not there yet, and I also need to check Java Junkie's settings suggestions.

111 : latest version (tweaked again after I uploaded it to Axe Change) of "AtmoSynth lead 5 scenes", as used in this video :

The lead sound in preset 111 is also my main lead sound (although I think I didn't implemented it in preset 009, my main lead preset - must check)

112-113 : I changed the lead sounds

I haven't been able to test the updates loud but with my headphones I shure believe can hear a a change in the sounds and they sound really smooth and clear - I will replace them all now with the update of Yours, because they sound fantasic for me and I've learned alot for my self making presets. I always check this Thread and thanks again for sharing them and Your knowledge.:eagerness:

I haven't been able to test the updates loud but with my headphones I shure believe can hear a a change in the sounds and they sound really smooth and clear - I will replace them all now with the update of Yours, because they sound fantasic for me and I've learned alot for my self making presets. I always check this Thread and thanks again for sharing them and Your knowledge.:eagerness:
You're welcome !
I wish I could do more, I have the whole scenes controllers things to add to many presets/experiment with, but I'm not playing much these days, due to tendinitis :/

You're welcome !
I wish I could do more, I have the whole scenes controllers things to add to many presets/experiment with, but I'm not playing much these days, due to tendinitis :/

Sorry to hear about the tendinitis - I've had it about 20 years ago really bad, I couldn't play for about 4-6 weeks - so now and than when I feel it coming I eas off wait a few days. So fare I've been lucky since I back off when I can feel I can get it again.
All the best......your presets are excelent for live and loud...:encouragement:

[Hi there, is there any possibility to change the key of the Atmosynth, I want to use this preset in a song written in Am, what I have to do tho change the key of the synth in this perfect preset? Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the tendinitis - I've had it about 20 years ago really bad, I couldn't play for about 4-6 weeks - so now and than when I feel it coming I eas off wait a few days. So fare I've been lucky since I back off when I can feel I can get it again.
All the best......your presets are excelent for live and loud...:encouragement:
Thanks ! I've been suffering since February. "Fortunately" it's my right arm so my fretting hand is OK, although I lost a lot of shape, as I avoid playing when it hurts. The worst thing is that I work on a computer and I can't avoid that. Much of my problems comes from there

[Hi there, is there any possibility to change the key of the Atmosynth, I want to use this preset in a song written in Am, what I have to do tho change the key of the synth in this perfect preset? Thanks!
I did a video showing that : Axe Fx II - Transposing the Atmosynth preset in standard Key (A min) - YouTube

However, with the newest version from bank 12.02, it may be better to shift the start frequency. I used a Boss Tuner for each voice of this 5 scenes version :)

Hi Fremen,

Thanks ever so much for sharing your presets, I'm thoroughly enjoying working my way through them. One preset that I have made a bee-line for is your Acoustic Simulator as we've recently added a couple of songs which could really do with being on an acoustic, and I'm lazy and don't want to switch guitars! I'm finding it a little quieter than my other presets. Would you be able to advise as to the best way of increasing the level without messing with the delicate balance within the patch? Ordinarily, I'd go straight for the amp block, but there isn't one :D

Thanks!

Hi Fremen, Thanks ever so much for sharing your presets, I'm thoroughly enjoying working my way through them. One preset that I have made a bee-line for is your Acoustic Simulator as we've recently added a couple of songs which could really do with being on an acoustic, and I'm lazy and don't want to switch guitars! I'm finding it a little quieter than my other presets. Would you be able to advise as to the best way of increasing the level without messing with the delicate balance within the patch? Ordinarily, I'd go straight for the amp block, but there isn't one :D Thanks!

If you don't want to play with blocks in the patch just use the output level on the grid mixer. In Axe-Edit click on the output block that spans the whole height of the grid on the far right side of the grid. You'll see a mixer that lets you set the level of each line coming out of the grid, their pan and a slider for overall output level of the patch. You can access the same settings on the hardware by pressing the EDIT button and then paging right two screens.

What Ian says ! Or just boost the level of either the PARA EQ or the Tonematch block. I've just check the patch, I'll try to finetune the MBC block, although they work those settings looks really extreme, lol

Hi Fremen just a quick question, is there any way to Audition the Presets 1 at a time or do I have to Load all The Banks at the same time ?

Hi Fremen just a quick question, is there any way to Audition the Presets 1 at a time or do I have to Load all The Banks at the same time ?

You can load one patch from a bank file using Axe-Edit. Press the big IMPORT button, navigate to the bank file, Axe-Edit will show a preset picker dialog and ask you which preset from the bank to import.

Back
Top Bottom