Producer Pack Vol 2: Mad Oak Studio is now available. The collection contains over 175 Cab IR files for the Axe-Fx II, Ultra or Standard.
These files may be easily uploaded to your Axe-Fx II using Fractal-Bot, or to the Ultra/Standard with any MIDI SysEx file player.
Axe-Fx II Firmware 10 included a collection of new Factory cab IRs, created through a different approach than previous offerings. Instead of capturing elements for later remix, we asked studio owners with incredible vintage gear collections to give us their best shot the mics/positions/preamps they would use for the discriminating player. Instead of using strict mechanical positioning, mics were placed from experience and blended to taste.
In addition to those mixes, however, these sessions produced a great number of additional IRs, now offered here. These include solo captures of the various mics used to create each mix, plus others which were initially set up but then muted. Together these IRs give you a palette of tones captured from the incredible cabs in the Mad Oak collection (plus a few we brought to the studio with us).
THE MAD OAK COLLECTION:
- 4x12 Cali Lead 80s ("Cliff's Boogie")
- 4x12 Rumble "Thiele" Cab (with EV12S and EV12L in an X pattern, both captured)
- 4x12 Late 60s Basketweave 1960-AX
- 4x12 Early 70s Basketweave 1960-TV
- 3x10 Vibrato King
- 1x12 Junior Blues
- 1x8 Champlifier Blackface
- 1x8 Vibrato Champlifier
- 2x12 Pro Verb
- 2x12 Supremo
- 1x15 Empire Ported Pine Cab
- 2x12 '64 Class-A TB 30W (Jensen Silvers)
- 1x12 Hawaii "28" (3 individual mics only)
- 1x10 Pro Jr.
- 1x10 Prince Tone Verb
- 1x12 Class-A 20W Dlx
- 1x12 Nuclear Tone (+7 Mics on the REAR of the amp)
- 2x12 Boutique
- 1x12 Scumtone 65W (M@'s Detuned "Tone Tools" Cab)
- 2x12 SV Legend (aka "Cali Leggy")
- 4x12 Brit 800
- 4x12 G12 65W (Ryan's '70s British 4x12)
Here's what's included in Cab Pack 2:
- 5 Solo Mics on Each Cab listed above (except where noted)
- Shure SM57, Royer 121, Sennheiser MD421, AKG C414, through vintage 1272 preamps
- Some cabs also include Beyerdynamic M-88, AKG C451, and/or vintage Neumann U67 (slightly back from the cab).
- Any IRs which were used as factory cabs are also INCLUDED in this collection for reference.
The Mad Oak Sessions were produced by P.K. Pandey and Fractal Audio Systems and engineered by Thayer Harris and Benny Grotto.