Fremen Quantum 1.0 presets

Great Stuff Fremen! Question...what cabs are used in the Groot preset. I looked at the excel, but it looks like there where more cabs than preset slots for that preset. Also, are there any mics on the cabs? My were blanked out since I don't have the cabs you used (yet!)

Thanks!

Two-Stone** patch from Fremen's Bank B

Thibault- Earlier I was gushing on the Mesa patches (in my previous post), but when I finally made my way through your Bank B, I found your patch named Two-Stone**. I love the first three scenes, and I just had to record a little bit. Rhythm is using scene 1 in this patch, while the lead work is scene 2 (expected to use the hotter scene 3 for the lead, but scene 2 just seemed to work). There are clams and it doesn't hold up to your playing, but I just had to let others hear how good this patch sounds, using my natural Carvin 127 guitar, and I made no adjustments to the patch. I recorded straight into Logic X and added no post effects or adjustments.

[soundcloud]
https://soundcloud.com/llairdjr/two-rock-second-test-lee[/soundcloud]

Thank you again for these presets, as they work and sound beautiful.

Cheers,

Lee

And as another wow, the next preset, Two Rock, is killer. I'm guessing everyone is seeing a trend, so don't think it necessary to keep up the wow-list. I don't have the link handy, but I tossed a second clip up in soundcloud, so fee free to take a listen if you'd like. Still the disclaimer about clams and content, but the tone is certainly there to my ears at least. Rhythm is scene 1 and lead is scene 3 this time. Just having fun playing, so please no hate.

Cheers

Lee

Soon as I get home today i'll be downloading these and making ba lot of noise! :) From what ive heard and read about these donation will be heading your way. I have purchased a few presets via various websites and to say I was underwhelmed is an understatement!

Just spent a few minutes testing out these presets, and I must say ive never tried them with previous fimwares, they are awesome! wow! donated, well deserved.

Update available, with a proper demo video this time :

Fremen's guitar blog: Quantum 1.01 presets update

The picture used in the video is from a Mauritian magazine featuring your humble servant :

12027119_10153683072209289_1430102299696899198_o.jpg

Going to have to insall these tonight! When I updated to Q1.01 from Q1.00 I didnt like the sound, it was very bassy and a lot more gain for me, I still run the Q1.01 firmware but I set it to the Q1.00 modeling version in the global menu.

Thanks, Thibault! You look very different when you're not in your relaxation clothes. :)

So quick question, when I install v1.00 of these presets I assigned the relevant cabs to them, if I update to the 1.01 version will I have to say so the cabs again manually?

Just a few of them - 01 has changed, 68 to 71 are new

jeez, caption mistake @ 4:02 on the video :p

DRY tracks and samples for presets testing

Most of the time, when you load a preset made by someone else after liking a recording he made, it's doesn't sound like the recording at all. Different guitar and strings, different playing style and technique, different IRs if you don't have the commercial ones I use...

With that in mind, I decided to share a few DI tracks from my guitar, and the corresponding samples from my presets. Use the DRY tracks with Main Input Source = USB in I/O/Audio menu. Compare the full samples that with what you hear when you play the same presets with your guitar. Right click, save as :

http://pages.intnet.mu/fremen/Samples/DI_Tracks.rar

Be careful, the "Fountain of expression" solo (preset 95) is louder than the others, I took it from the multitrack final version and it's printed quite hot.

All the other DI tracks are from a SONAR project I use to compare the various firmwares. No fancy playing here, just basic licks/riffs I use to compare sounds. Honestly, the clean tracks (ultraclean and Fender clean) are not great, I'll record new ones when I'll change strings (they are currently 4 or 5 months old!)

As a bonus there's a recording of a Godin with a piezo pickup, that's the sample I used for my Acoustic Sim tonematch (preset 01). I shared both the DI track and the full Axe recording

Bare Knuckle Holydiver (bridge) and Emerald (neck), with the classic Ibanez 5 positions selector wiring system. I recorded the video with 5 months old strings

Back
Top Bottom