Fremen AX8 presets released

Wait! What's that guitar in the first video? That's not an Ibanez! Who are you, and what have you done with fremen? :)

Nice noodling, by the way!

Last edited:
Hi Fremen

Just need to be sure (gig incoming) is it safe to do a 3.50 upgrade using your current presets?

Still have a big smile on my face using your presets, done quite a few gigs with them onboard!

Ok need some help. So I got the Dropbox link and got everything downloaded. Since I already own the Fractal Cab packs and most of the Ownhammer cabs I'd like to try to use the normal presets but have never used Cab Lab to mix cabs. Need some help with understanding what I'm looking at with the screenshots in the file and using these cabs. Anybody got any directions or pointers on doing this? Looks like Screen shot 1 is for user cab 1 and so and so on? Pull in the cabs shown in the screen shot and adjust the faders according what's shown in the screen shot? Is that correct? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello fremen. I purchased your old AX8 presets. Just like to say they are great.Now I want to buy your "5 scenes presets pack".But I've a new problem in Turkey.PayPal stopped operations in Turkey. So customers in Turkey will not be able to send or receive money through their PayPal accounts.What is the solution for this?

I'm using the alternates. I started looking up which cabs I would have to buy if I wanted to use the normal presets. I decided to work with the alternatives after I got through the following packs listed in the pdf. I think fremen did a great job with everything and provided the info for folks to do whatever they want. The alternatives sound great.

Attachments

• Some of the cabs needed for Fremen's normal presets.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Quick note : I'm getting on a 12 hours plane trip tonight so I won't be able to send links until tomorrow, sorry for that

Darkside.jpg

I worked like crazy during almost three weeks to convert my Axe-Fx II presets to AX8 format, you can now get them from here :)

http://axefremen.blogspot.com/2016/04/fremen-ax8-20-presets-pack.html

Please, don't share them if you buy them !

Fremen

I bought these and the scene presets the other day. Is there any difference other than the cabs in the Normal banks you said you use live? I have the Redwirez Bigbox set and was thinking if it is just IRs I could find suitable substitutes for most of them. As with any preset package people will find their favorites but there were very few I didn't like. Obviously they will sound different with everyone's setup and may need tweaking. N issues with brightness here but obviously that just takes tweaking. I love the modulation setups in most applications as I use a lot. It is just part of the modem P&W stuff I have been playing live lately.

I have a public Taylor 314 iR that I plugged into your acoustic patch and it's awesome now with my T5z. My only issue with the Taylor T5z is it can be hissy. You really have to tweak it but that's not an AX8 or preset issue.

Very nice job. It will take me hours to go through and adjust all that I want to add. One Thing lacking for AX 8 seems to be good Boston Presets
Yes, if you don't have the commercial cabs you must use the Alternate versions of the banks, not the Normal ones

Couldn't I just experiment with some of my my Redwirez IR's if I have close replacements. Also I saw above something about mixing them with Cab Lab. I have the lite version for conversion of my wav file IRs but mixing us something new to learn. Would I need to buy the Full Version for that (not really an issue.

Also what CAB packs should I get from Fractal (I should have bought during the sale). I do apologize for all the questions but at 54 years old I learn a bit slower and This is my first Fractal Product. Thanks again for the presets.

At the risk of stepping on fremen's toes...

Couldn't I just experiment with some of my my Redwirez IR's if I have close replacements.
You can always experiment. :)

Also I saw above something about mixing them with Cab Lab. I have the lite version for conversion of my wav file IRs but mixing us something new to learn. Would I need to buy the Full Version for that?
Yes, you need the full version of Cab-Lab to mix IRs.

Dear users : please note, there was a mistake in alternate banks 11-14 for QT 3.x firmware. The 5 scenes presets were missing the filter block which makes sure the amp volume remains constant through the various scenes. I recently fixed it. My apologies for this !

Back
Top Bottom