FracTool - for power users only

You don't need an Axe Fx III.

Convert the presets from Axe Fx II to Axe Fx III format. Then convert from Axe Fx III format to FM9 format.
Even converting to AXE3 first then converting to FM9 still does not work. Amp amp names are wrong and some parameters are not correct with the FM9 preset and it will not produce sound when loaded. I think I figured it out though. I converted to AXE3 with the fractool and nothing else. I just imported the AXE3 preset into the FM9 editor. I'm least get a working preset. If anybody else tried this let me know.

Even converting to AXE3 first then converting to FM9 still does not work. Amp amp names are wrong and some parameters are not correct with the FM9 preset and it will not produce sound when loaded. I think I figured it out though. I converted to AXE3 with the fractool and nothing else. I just imported the AXE3 preset into the FM9 editor. I'm least get a working preset. If anybody else tried this let me know.
This is exactly what I advised you to do.

Yes that's what i suggested

I think I figured it out though. I converted to AXE3 with the fractool and nothing else. I just imported the AXE3 preset into the FM9 editor. I'm least get a working preset. If anybody else tried this let me know.
My bad... Yeah, no need to convert it again.

I'm in the haze of COVID and forgot that you can directly import Axe Fx III to FM9 and vice versa.

I'm curious, how do they sound? With so many changes I'd be seriously surprised if the sound of your presets survived a straight conversion...

I'm in the haze of COVID and forgot that you can directly import Axe Fx III to FM9 and vice versa.

I'm curious, how do they sound? With so many changes I'd be seriously surprised if the sound of your presets survived a straight conversion...
So far they sound good enough. I can tweak as necessary though. Anything is better than rebuilding presets from scratch.

wishing you a quick recovery !

Hi Al, I have found an issue using Batch Setter to set the new default value of Speaker Drive to 2: it changes the Amp channel of the active scene

I don't know if it is doing other undesired changes besides this one

1654333183976.png

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble installing this version (3.72)?
Firstly it downloads the application rather than just installing it like usual, then secondly the installation fails.
It says the application is open even when it isn't, and won't let you proceed any further.

1654373705928.png

1654373790705.png

Back
Top Bottom