FracTool - for power users only

Dead
Only for power users
If you don't know what it does and how it works, then it's not for you
If you don't know where to find it then it's not for you.
It's donationware, and forbidden for commercial use.
Use at your own risk, no support.
I owe you nothing
Let’s see — what’s unclear about @AlGrenadine’s original post?

(computing… computing… computing…)

Absolutely nothing. If you haven’t already used it just let it go…

Let’s see — what’s unclear about @AlGrenadine’s original post?

(computing… computing… computing…)

Absolutely nothing. If you haven’t already used it just let it go…
If it’s clear then why are so many people asking about it? The problem with the first post is that everyone thinks the message is for the other guy, not them. They think, “Surely that doesn’t apply to me. I’m a power user. That’s for some other dumb ass.”

Humans will be humans. Just because something is free it doesn’t mean they aren’t going to bitch and complain about it.

Anyway, I’ve probably already said too much about it. It’s time I unwatch the thread and go about my business. 😎

Idiotic. Makes a tool, discontinues a tool, tells no one where tool is...

We need a link that works, software that works, and a way to convert old presets to new ones. Does this not exist anywhere?
It's easy : do it! If you need something which doesn't exist, it's always the best solution ^^
That's exactly because of people like you i've hidden the software, it's not discontinued at all, it's just in a place people like you don't use : search engines ^^

I
It's easy : do it! If you need something which doesn't exist, it's always the best solution ^^
That's exactly because of people like you i've hidden the software, it's not discontinued at all, it's just in a place people like you don't use : search engines ^^
Incorrect. It is available NOWHERE online with a WORKING link for Mac. Double-check your download links!

Guy creates a lovely free utility, charges nothing for it, indirectly supports it for many years, retires it, gives clues that it's out there if you dig, and over two hundred comments later we still have folks thinking @AlGrenadine owes them the world. I suppose you've been mistaken for a Fractal employee, Al?

(And for what it's worth, I had no trouble updating to the very last version long after it had been retired. Thank you for your contribution to the community, Al!)

To all the whiners who feel SO very Entitled...
Shame on you!
Al (AlGrenadine) has provided the tool (FracTool) for many years, which he created out of the generosity of his heart, without cost to us Axe-Fx users, along with numerous free updates, and you have the audacity to whine and besmirch his good character..
Again I say... SHAME ON YOU!

This is maddening, and my response also applies to the same people who have the same attitude and do the same to our brilliant, yet fearless AXE-FX creator Cliff Chase.

Last edited:
Only for power users

If you don't know what it does and how it works, then it's not for you
If you don't know where to find it then it's not for you.

If this tool doesn't meet your expectations, create your own tool (good luck)

It's donationware, and forbidden for commercial use.
Use at your own risk, no support.
I owe you nothing
Hey AlGrenadine, not one of the "whiners" here. I really appreciate you coding FracTool and providing it for free. My HDD (the one with fractool on it) recently crashed, so I need to download it again. The last time I downloaded it was probably 6 months ago (July or August 2023). However, now (March '24) it really doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the Internet anymore. I'm a software engineer myself, so I definitely know how to use search engines. It'd be great if you could send me a link (for the Windows version). I'll definitely not bother you with any kind of support questions, so no worries. I just need it for the conversion of FM9 / AxeFX III presets to FM3 presets (FracPad doesn't seem to be capable of doing that - it seems to be just an editor). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey AlGrenadine, not one of the "whiners" here. I really appreciate you coding FracTool and providing it for free. My HDD (the one with fractool on it) recently crashed, so I need to download it again. The last time I downloaded it was probably 6 months ago (July or August 2023). However, now (March '24) it really doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the Internet anymore. I'm a software engineer myself, so I definitely know how to use search engines. It'd be great if you could send me a link to my email (thor32221@gmail.com). I'll definitely not bother you with any kind of support questions, so no worries. I just need it for the conversion of FM9 / AxeFX III presets to FM3 presets (FracPad doesn't seem to capable of doing that - I seems to be just an editor). Thanks in advance.
At this point you are likely to get luckier asking someone who has tracked it down before me thinks. Al’s clearly retired from this project.

I'm fine with the older version I have, since I now only use it with the Axe II. Great tool. Sure, having a constantly updated version for the developing III would be great, but no doubt life has priorities other than providing a free tool for a user base that isn't entirely appreciative. I always hoped that Fractal would have supported it officially.

Back
Top Bottom