FracTool - for power users only

Hey AlGrenadine, not one of the "whiners" here. I really appreciate you coding FracTool and providing it for free. My HDD (the one with fractool on it) recently crashed, so I need to download it again. The last time I downloaded it was probably 6 months ago (July or August 2023). However, now (March '24) it really doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the Internet anymore. I'm a software engineer myself, so I definitely know how to use search engines. It'd be great if you could send me a link (for the Windows version) to my email (thor32221@gmail.com). I'll definitely not bother you with any kind of support questions, so no worries. I just need it for the conversion of FM9 / AxeFX III presets to FM3 presets (FracPad doesn't seem to be capable of doing that - it seems to be just an editor). Thanks in advance.
It's available for download at the same place it's always been.
For this type of conversion i recommend axe3edit

Hey AlGrenadine, not one of the "whiners" here. I really appreciate you coding FracTool and providing it for free. My HDD (the one with fractool on it) recently crashed, so I need to download it again. The last time I downloaded it was probably 6 months ago (July or August 2023). However, now (March '24) it really doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the Internet anymore. I'm a software engineer myself, so I definitely know how to use search engines. It'd be great if you could send me a link (for the Windows version) to my email (thor32221@gmail.com). I'll definitely not bother you with any kind of support questions, so no worries. I just need it for the conversion of FM9 / AxeFX III presets to FM3 presets (FracPad doesn't seem to be capable of doing that - it seems to be just an editor). Thanks in advance.
All of the current generation Fractal editors do automatic conversion between presets from the other devices. No need for FracTool...

All of the current generation Fractal editors do automatic conversion between presets from the other devices. No need for FracTool...
They don't do it correctly. If you really want to inspect an AxeFX III file if you only have an FM3, then you need FracTool; it shows you exactly how the preset is supposed to look, whereas dragging an AxeFX III preset file into the FM3 Editor just messes it up (at least whenever that AxeFX III preset file exceeds the capabilities of an FM3).

They don't do it correctly. If you really want to inspect an AxeFX III file if you only have an FM3, then you need FracTool; it shows you exactly how the preset is supposed to look, whereas dragging an AxeFX III preset file into the FM3 Editor just messes it up (at least whenever that AxeFX III preset file exceeds the capabilities of an FM3).
Oh yes you mean the grid is smaller on fm3 so the conversion can't be complete...

What's the correct way to do it? Because Fratal-bot just complains that this preset is for other devices. Once it actually did work but only once.
UPD: Found the solution. Just drag-n-drop to the FM-edit window. Not Fractal bot. Thank you!

Last edited:
FracTool does not have the translation capability that is built into the Fractal Edit apps. While it tries, and was capable in the previous generation of the modelers, the presets changed internally and now ONLY Fractal’s editors can convert between the current generation units.

Neither the Edit apps or Fractool can convert a preset between the FM3 and FM9 or FX3 correctly because of the difference in the grid sizes unless it’s a layout that already would fit. But even then, the parameters will not translate using FracTool because it doesn’t have the internal translation information.

If you specify what preset it is you want to see ported perhaps someone will volunteer to investigate whether it can be converted for you. Some presets are easily done, others must be broken into multiple presets, and some require too much reworking so it’s easier to start from scratch.

I have converted some complex FX3 presets, and often move my own presets between the FM3, FM9 and FX3, so I know it’s possible and have a pretty good idea of the process and the capabilities of the tools.

Only for power users

If you don't know what it does and how it works, then it's not for you
If you don't know where to find it then it's not for you.

If this tool doesn't meet your expectations, create your own tool (good luck)

It's donationware, and forbidden for commercial use.
Use at your own risk, no support.
I owe you nothing
Hi, is this still available to download? Can't find it. Thanks.

Amp Resetter for early presets for new FW25b usage:

I tried two ways:
1) Reset Amp Blocks and copy every missing setting via screeshots. I didn't liked the sound without all deep parameters copied e.g. Cathode Follower, Grid Bias, Sag.
2) Easier: Amp resetter with all parameter checked (everthing shall be untouched).
--> I don't hear any difference between both ways and the old/early preset w/o amp reset.

I just wanted to change parameters which are not visible to users.

Is concept 2) a good idea - does the amp resetter really just provided parameters which are visible in the Axe Edit III or also unvisible ones?

I think Amp resetter with all parameter checked is the same like not resetting the Amp Blocks, or?

Back
Top Bottom