FracTool - for power users only

Damn. I just saw this after I had trouble converting old files. NO!! Well that\nk you Al. I should have been more vigilent at converting old presets. No big deal anyway. They weren't precious. Thanks man!

Damn. I just saw this after I had trouble converting old files. NO!! Well that\nk you Al. I should have been more vigilent at converting old presets. No big deal anyway. They weren't precious. Thanks man!
Similar story here. I had a III in my shopping cart (for a new gigging rack), then read this thread. I just ordered a II XL from Reverb instead. I just don't have the time or wherewithal to recreate my live II presets in the III from total scratch. Too many of them. The end of an era.

animation sees GIF

Why is this some sort of secret?
The tool has been retired.

Too many questions, not enough real purpose since a) the current generation of firmware is way beyond the previous generation making conversion mostly useless and b) the current generation editors translate presets between the (current) devices already.

Since Al is generous, instead of just making FracTool unavailable, he's left it out there. If you can find it and know how to use it, you are a Power User... If not, then you're out of luck :)

@AlGrenadine created FracTool eight years ago as donationware. In other words, it was essentially a gift to the world. In the eight years that followed, he had to answer the same questions over and over. Essentially, he became unpaid technical support for a product that earned him nothing. He gave us many hours of his time, and now he's ready to stop doing that.

Thank you, Al.

Back
Top Bottom