FracTool - for power users only

Thanks to fremen, the upcoming version will better translate axefx II presets to XL /AX8 as it will keep correct comp/geq/peq settings and bypass states :)
Great! But don't forget the other blocks that does this, for example TremPan...

X/Y switching:
-AX8: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Delay, Drive, Filter, Flanger, Gate, Multi Delay, Phaser, Pitch, Rotary, Reverb, Tremolo, Wah.

-Axe-Fx II Mark I/II: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Delay, Drive, Flanger, Phaser, Pitch, Reverb, Wah.

-Axe-Fx II XL/XL+: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Delay, Drive, Flanger, GEQ, Gate, Mixer, PEQ, Phaser, Pitch, Rotary, Reverb, Tremolo, Wah.

Present in AX8, absent in XL/XL+: Filter and Multidelay
Present in XL/XL+, absent in AX8: GEQ, Mixer and PEQ
X/Y blocks shared by AX8 and XL/XL+: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Delay, Drive, Flanger, Gate, Phaser, Pitch, Rotary, Reverb, Tremolo, Wah.

Last edited:
2.0 beta 17 is online (it will autoupdate if you have the 2.0 beta 16) :
- Can now convert presets to local files even if connected to a fas device.
- Successfully converts blocks with different X/Y data sets between II/XL/AX8.
- Bypass states should be kept between II and XL.
- Now converts input block successfully to/from AX8.
- Now converts approximatively to/from AX8 AMP block levels.

I donated even tho I don't have much use for this as I bought an XL+ 3 days before this utility came out just because I wanted to be sure I could load XL/XL+ formatted presets. Had I been more patient I could have saved about $600 and gotten a used II. Ohh well.

Anyhow, this type of utility is good for the platform as a whole (as is me buying a new AxeFX instead of used I guess too!).

Keep up the good work and maybe I'll be able to take advantage of it more when the II XL++ comes out :)

Here's a quick instructional how-to for AxeFXSend.

To convert an Axe-Fx XL preset for the Axe-Fx Mark I or Mark II:

1) Turn on your Axe-Fx Mk I or Mk II.

2) Open AxeFXSend.

3) Wait for AxeFXSend to recognize your Axe-FX. It'll say something like:

4) Now drag an XL preset file onto the AxeFXSend window. The file will be converted and then loaded into your Axe's edit buffer, where you can tweak it to your heart's content.

5) Don't forget to SAVE if you want to keep it!

--- Or... ---

Just drop a syx file on axefxsend and it will ask how you want it converted if no axefx/ax8 is there...
What program do I use to open the AxeFxSend.pkg file. I'm new to the Fractal community. Just got my AX8 a few days ago so forgive me if this is something that it obvious. Still trying to learn the abbreviations and lingo being used on this forum. Thanks.

What program do I use to open the AxeFxSend.pkg file. I'm new to the Fractal community. Just got my AX8 a few days ago so forgive me if this is something that it obvious. Still trying to learn the abbreviations and lingo being used on this forum. Thanks.
Well you are new to Mac too ;) just double click on the pkg it will install axefxsend

Back
Top Bottom