Fractal Audio welcomes Steve Vai!

AndrewSimon said:
Wow... this is too much, Fractal will be most likely purchased now....

i don't know Cliff,but from what i've gathered,doesn't that statement fly in the face of his work ethic?don't get me wrong,he deserves every bit of money he makes on the AFX.i would hate too see Fractal sold off and have some corp. decide to keep costs down by using lesser components. :shock:

Vai?awsome guys.congratulations.now all you need is to get one in Holdsworths hands. :D

Speaking of Vai, BTW, can we get a Carvin Legacy model? I'd be willing to send mine in for modeling purposes, and the schematic is freely available. It's a Legacy I, not II, but still. It has an interesting tone stack.

RDeraz said:
AndrewSimon said:
Wow... this is too much, Fractal will be most likely purchased now....

i don't know Cliff,but from what i've gathered,doesn't that statement fly in the face of his work ethic?don't get me wrong,he deserves every bit of money he makes on the AFX.i would hate too see Fractal sold off and have some corp. decide to keep costs down by using lesser components. :shock:
Right O!
I don't know anything of course, but I would hate for Cliff to get sucked into CEO-ship where he's shown to love the engineering part. Maybe he could relegate the managing to someone and keep doing what he loves best. He deserves it! Just finding a manager with the same ethics as him might be quite a job in itself...

I do hope that any increase in demand will not keep him from finishing the other products he's working on. I'm curious what's in store.

@ Brick Top:
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone.

This is awesome news. Been fan since hearing Steve with Zappa and on the Attitude Song that came on a small floppy vinyl (Vai-nyl?) record in Guitar Player magazine... remember those?

"It's all I need now."

That pretty much sums it up for me. Watch the avalanche of artists flood on board now!

:)

Ochanomizu said:
This is awesome news. Been fan since hearing Steve with Zappa and on the Attitude Song that came on a small floppy vinyl (Vai-nyl?) record in Guitar Player magazine... remember those?

"It's all I need now."

That pretty much sums it up for me. Watch the avalanche of artists flood on board now!

:)
Yeah, those Vinyls were great! Don't remember Vai's but I can recall vividly my consternation at Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan's one. Sheehan copied Gilbert note for note. Mind-boggling...
And Cacaphony. My introduction to shredding and a nail in my coffin called insecurity...

His AxeFx will be getting dipped in a bucket of paint.

Can't wait for Ralph Macchio to sign up too.

This is great news. The biggest fish imo. I cant really imagine SV willing to share his patches, but who knows.

Hasn't he shared his patches on the G-Force card back in the day? I never bought one, but apparently his presets were there. I don't see what he would lose by sharing them either, because even with his exact rig, nobody else can play like him anyway.

Steve has also commented on Jemsite a few times. So if he shows up here, don't be too surprised. :lol:

:shock: Good..... news.... He is probably one of the biggest today.. For many of us. I hope Satch, Timmons and Aldrich will join us too :twisted:

Awesome... just Awesome !! Neal Schon, and now Steve Vai... does any more need to be said about the Axe FX ?... I say "Not"... :cool:

Congratulations to Cliff, Tom & Fractal Audio! Well deserved, and many more major dudes to come! :cool: ;) :cool:

Steve who? :cool: :D

Congratulations to Cliff Chase and his crew!

And, please keep going on with "no compromises".

Cheers Thomas

christopherzberlin said:
Well, the only guy missing to me is Steve Lukather...

+1

Unfortunately Luke is in a "plug and play" mindset now more than ever. Even though he's always had racks full of gear
he was never into tweaking presets, let alone amp-sims. Bradshaw always did his programming.

He has recently moved away from his rack and is going to be running a simple pedal board
built by Bradshaw on upcoming tours. It's much cheaper to travel overseas this way.

The Axe would be perfect but someone would have to program everything for him, he wouldn't
be into that side of it. Maybe if Bradshaw got his hands on one.... :cool:

dc

Back
Top Bottom