Fractal Audio welcomes Steve Vai!

Matman said:
This really is exciting news. Steve Vai and his music have influenced me and my outlook on music for the best, from Flex-Able (which I bought on a copied cassette...) through Crossroads which I rented endlessly as a teenager, through his electrifying solo and studio work with all those great artists, right up the my recent viewing of his Where the Wild Things Are DVD via digital TV On Demand. I've always felt he manages to integrate flash and feeling and fun together in a very unique way.

'Skyscraper' has always been one of my "Desert Island Discs".

I have to give a +1 to almost all of this. Ridiculous monster alien impossible capability on the fretboard while still rolling feel and emotion into the mix. Amazing. It's not that my own playing or music is anything like Vai, but still for me there is no other 'name' guitarist whose endorsement carries more weight. Not that I needed Vai to convince me :D (Ultra owner for 2 yrs come June)

Congrats Fractal!

Congrats to Cliff, Tom, and all of Fractal and Atomic. Hardwork and dedication to quality has certainly paid off. I hope Steve posts here...it's one of the things which has made this community special...the Axe-Fx is the great equalizer (pun intended)...star musician, or bedroom jammer, we're all on this journey together.

Awesome news, but not really surprising....the man knows quality. Welcome aboard, Steve. Now let's hear some wild patches!

I should probably upgrade my Standard to Ultra sometime soon before the wave of demand either creates a five year waiting list or drives up the prices to Dumble levels. Or both.

Congratulations to Fractal! I wonder who's next? Gilbert maybe?

Satch has to be next. It wouldn't surprise me if he has one already. You know Satch went over to Steve's house for some of that "extensive tone testing".

Sidivan said:
Satch has to be next. It wouldn't surprise me if he has one already. You know Satch went over to Steve's house for some of that "extensive tone testing".

Are you serious about that?

Brick_top said:
Sidivan said:

You know that Satch taught Steve how to play, don't you?

(Really!)

Sidivan said:
That will be interesting. In 2008 my wife bought me a Club Joe concert upgrade for my birthday. You get a decent seat, a Q&A session backstage and other stuff like that. I asked him about digital modelling, lets just say he wasn't a fan. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Dutch said:
Brick_top said:
Sidivan said:

You know that Satch taught Steve how to play, don't you?

(Really!)

Yes I know some of that. But why do you ask? I asked him if he was serious about satch and Vai testing the axe-fx. I probably didn't get what he said

edit - maybe you were just trying to say to me that they are "buddies" and the "extensive tone testing" could be true?

WAY cool. Congrats, Cliff! Since Dweezil got his Fractal, I figured that Vai would have at least checked it out by this point. But I honestly never thought that he'd come aboard. His professional relationships with Carvin and T.C. Electronics have been going on for quite a long time. (Not that this is the only gear he uses) Seemed very happy with that gear too. This is just awesome. It'll be interesting to see just how he's using it. (Amp sims/effects or just effects...live or just in the studio or both) This is indeed a happy day in my life. Probably the only time that I'll get to say that I knew about something musically related before Steve Vai did! :lol: Now if you'll excuse me, I must go enjoy this moment. Welcome, Steve! We're all gonna have to buy new helmets with the things you're gonna do with this magic box! :D

Jiffzillla said:
WAY cool. Congrats, Cliff! Since Dweezil got his Fractal, I figured that Vai would have at least checked it out by this point. But I honestly never thought that he'd come aboard. His professional relationships with Carvin and T.C. Electronics have been going on for quite a long time. (Not that this is the only gear he uses) Seemed very happy with that gear too. This is just awesome. It'll be interesting to see just how he's using it. (Amp sims/effects or just effects...live or just in the studio or both) This is indeed a happy day in my life. Probably the only time that I'll get to say that I knew about something musically related before Steve Vai did! :lol: Now if you'll excuse me, I must go enjoy this moment. Welcome, Steve! We're all gonna have to buy new helmets with the things you're gonna do with this magic box! :D

Probably this:

LavaCable Sales Manager said:
Steves tech has been working with Dweezil and his AxeFX for some time now < they rewired with our solder free cables> I am sure his tech told him "You gotta try this."

Matman said:
This really is exciting news. Steve Vai and his music have influenced me and my outlook on music for the best, from Flex-Able (which I bought on a copied cassette...) through Crossroads which I rented endlessly as a teenager, through his electrifying solo and studio work with all those great artists, right up the my recent viewing of his Where the Wild Things Are DVD via digital TV On Demand. I've always felt he manages to integrate flash and feeling and fun together in a very unique way.

'Skyscraper' has always been one of my "Desert Island Discs".

Sorry for the hijack. But have you ever tried to dial in the tone from the intro to Perfect Timing or Two Fools a Minute from that disc, Matman? Get anything close? I absolutely LOVE those tones. :)

Back
Top Bottom