Fractal Audio welcomes Steve Vai!

Brick_top said:
Dutch said:
[quote="Brick_top":22i36i7m]

Are you serious about that?
You know that Satch taught Steve how to play, don't you?

(Really!)

Yes I know some of that. But why do you ask? I asked him if he was serious about satch and Vai testing the axe-fx. I probably didn't get what he said

edit - maybe you were just trying to say to me that they are "buddies" and the "extensive tone testing" could be true?[/quote:22i36i7m]
Exactly. Just kidding! And I'm sure Sidivan was kidding too. Unless he knows a lot more than us mere mortals...

Who knows!

If you have a look on steves facebook page he's posted the same quote as on here..the responses are amusing..nooo Steve not you as well..tubes!!haha :lol:

POB said:
Sidivan said:
Satch has to be next. It wouldn't surprise me if he has one already. You know Satch went over to Steve's house for some of that "extensive tone testing".
That will be interesting. In 2008 my wife bought me a Club Joe concert upgrade for my birthday. You get a decent, a Q&A session backstage and other stuff like that. I asked him about digital modelling, lets just say he wasn't a fan. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

I don't think Steve will be giving up his Carvin deal either. He will probably be using the Axe for effects, and maybe for recording in the studio. You can bet he will continue using Carvin on stage, though. There's a lot of profit margin in that $1700 Legacy II, and Steve gets a cut. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

HOW awesome will it be to the community if he shares a patch or two.

I remember wanting a Eventide harmonizer because of his use of it they even made a special edition loaded with his presets. My bet is he will use the AXE in a similar manner moving forward. Well Mr. Vai if you ever get to read this stuff,
Welcome aboard!! I for one have been hugely influenced by your creativity and are continually in awe of your career.

Vai, Petrucci, Parks, Schon, Belew, Zappa....

OMFG

Here's comes the avalanche...the mountainside is coming down. Brace yourself for off-the-charts sales.

Congrats Cliff and all those on the Fractal team and family who have sacrificed so much.
You deserve it, and I'm very, very happy for you.

Demolition Man said:
Wowzers. He's probably gonna invent notes and scales that have never been heard.

Awesome! :mrgreen:

He already did that (Sex & Religion album)! Check out "Down Deep in the Pain" for his 10 note/octave Xavian scale.

Fantastic get for FAS. Seeing Crossroads was my "I have to play guitar" moment.

Wow... this is too much, Fractal will be most likely purchased now....
Great for Cliff, he deserves it.... I hope it will be great for us too.
Hold on to your American made "vintage AXE-FX",
it will be highly collectible one day.

;)

Guess I'm not the only one to sell my legacy to get an Axe-FX. ;)

Maybe I'll get that Legacy model I've been asking for now, :eek:

This is awesome.... congrats Cliff & team!

Dutch said:
Brick_top said:
Yes I know some of that. But why do you ask? I asked him if he was serious about satch and Vai testing the axe-fx. I probably didn't get what he said

edit - maybe you were just trying to say to me that they are "buddies" and the "extensive tone testing" could be true?
Exactly. Just kidding! And I'm sure Sidivan was kidding too. Unless he knows a lot more than us mere mortals...

Who knows!

I know nothing. I'm just saying they are good friends and they run stuff by each other. I read a guitar mag interview with Satch where he was talking about laying down tracks for Super Colossal and he invited Steve over to get his opinion. In the fractal quote, Steve said he did "extensive tone testing". I dunno about you, but when I do that, I look for opinions of my peers. I would think Satch would be the "go to" guy for Steve.

AndrewSimon said:
Hold on to your American made "vintage AXE-FX", it will be highly collectible one day.
Seriously, this might come true.

Sidivan said:
Dutch said:
Brick_top said:

edit - maybe you were just trying to say to me that they are "buddies" and the "extensive tone testing" could be true?

Who knows!

I know nothing. I'm just saying they are good friends and they run stuff by each other. I read a guitar mag interview with Satch where he was talking about laying down tracks for Super Colossal and he invited Steve over to get his opinion. In the fractal quote, Steve said he did "extensive tone testing". I dunno about you, but when I do that, I look for opinions of my peers. I would think Satch would be the "go to" guy for Steve.

Ok, now I get it, but it would be hard for me to reach that conclusion from what you wrote.

hoss said:
AndrewSimon said:
Hold on to your American made "vintage AXE-FX", it will be highly collectible one day.
Seriously, this might come true.

Imagine the value of the pre-vai and petrucci units :eek: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom