FracPad- worth it or no?

You mean the AX8 can power it through its USB socket? I learnt from older posts the AX8 cannot do this, or did I miss something?

You're probably right as that has always been my impression. My AX8 is at my rehearsal place so can't confirm one way or the other.

hey everyone, I'm considering spending the $45 on frac pad for my iPhone and iPad. Anyone have it? How does it work for you guys? I don't want to buy it and it have bugs and not work that well. The "lite" version it's little buggy but I think that's because it doesn't have all the features available. Im using the recommended apple camera adapter for it as well. Thanks!!
It's a solid app. It can make your Fractal box do just about anything that the box is capable of doing, and it has features that go beyond Axe-Edit. It's the only game in town if you want Axe-Edit-like functionality, but you don't want to drag a laptop around.

I'm using the Yamaha USB-Bluetooth adapter with the full version of FracPad. Normally, I use a phone USB charge adapter to power it as I didn't realize the AX8 could power it.
Running AX8 Edit most of the time but mostly because I also run other applications on my HP laptop. (Soundcraft UI16 control, H9 control, Atomic Amplifire Box app)
I definitely don't regret buying FracPad for the times I use it with the iPad.

I have a power supply on my board and a couple of USB power outlets on my power strip so powering the Yamaha is not a problem. I can't complain works OK for me.

I use Fracpad on my Android Galaxy S8 via the Yamaha UDBT01 and it works just fine.
Great way to edit when I don't want to be in front of a computer or during rehearsal if I want to make major adjustments to patches etc.

Happy camper over here.

If you're like me and can't bond with the AX8 on-board UI then FracPad is THE way to go. Also great support from Al. FracPad is one of the few apps I'm willing to pay for. Don't forget the effort it took to create it, the comparatively small customer base and the fact it doesn't steel your data or bugs you with adds.

How long does it take to get an activation code? The whole purchase process was convoluted, especially when your email is not on your android device, but after finally getting the link to download the full version now after installing on the android device I am asked for an activation code which I requested via email hours ago. In the mean time my android device battery is running down because it's sitting at the Fracpad page waiting for the activation code, and I don't want to disconnect the AX8 to charge my smartpad in case it gives a different device id. I know this isn't a Fracpad support resource, but the whole process is very frustrating. I've paid me money but......:(

How long does it take to get an activation code? The whole purchase process was convoluted, especially when your email is not on your android device, but after finally getting the link to download the full version now after installing on the android device I am asked for an activation code which I requested via email hours ago. In the mean time my android device battery is running down because it's sitting at the Fracpad page waiting for the activation code, and I don't want to disconnect the AX8 to charge my smartpad in case it gives a different device id. I know this isn't a Fracpad support resource, but the whole process is very frustrating. I've paid me money but......:(
@AlGrenadine has historically been very quick to respond. But the man has to sleep sometime. When you typed this, it was 5:30 in the morning where he lives. :)

Patience, brother. It will come.

It's a solid app. It can make your Fractal box do just about anything that the box is capable of doing, and it has features that go beyond Axe-Edit. It's the only game in town if you want Axe-Edit-like functionality, but you don't want to drag a laptop around.

What features does it have that AX8-Edit doesn't? Always interested in buying one more toy... :)

I use FracPad with the Yamaha Bluetooth adapter and it’s great to walk in front of the stage to see what the FOH really sounds like and adjust your own eq on the fly while hearing what the crowd would hear...

Just another cool feature...

It also allows naming scenes, attaching modifiers to any parameter, displaying real world amp/drive panels, searching parameters by name, displays a tuner based on axefx III's new tuner UI, offers various knob skins, imports ax8/axefx/FX8 presets on every machine, turns metronome on/off, and many other things...

Back
Top Bottom