Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Oh well I just hooked the the Widi Jack into my full system and when I routed the in and out of my audio interface in another software, it started working.

Now to figure out what I actually did and do it on purpose lol

Having issues getting a CME Widi Jack to work with iOS 17 and Ipad Pro. I can get FracPad to connect/pair with the Widi Jack and I see it as the midi I/O, but no worky.

I can get it to work fine on a wired connection.

Any pointers?
Connect using Fracpad, not the os connection maybe?
Or yes cme things have firmwares not correctly supporting sysex

So I think I've been able to get it working and stable with my system.

My setup includes a midi router so I can use a midi controller along with FracPad without a host involved. I also had my Focusrite 18i20 in the chain so I can also have a wired connection from a separate ipad.

Problem was/is - the focusrite doesn't automatically have midi through and needs to be patched in a host - so I took that out of the chain and it seems like everything is working.

My midi router (CME MIDI6) also works as a USB midi device and works on iOS so I was also able to select that as I/O in FracPad to pull up another (wired) instance simultaneously on my other iPad (rad)

Now - when I hooked the WIDI Jack up direct to the Axe using the In/Out, I wasn't able to make a connection. That still stumps me.

Im new here and to the modeling world and just purchased the FM9T. I wanted to confirm what's needed to use an iPad with the FM9 edit software. If I understand correctly, a Lightning to USB-B midi cable cord for iPad and the Fracpad software either from the apple store or purchased from the Fracpad website? Is this correct or am I missing something, Thanks!

Im new here and to the modeling world and just purchased the FM9T. I wanted to confirm what's needed to use an iPad with the FM9 edit software. If I understand correctly, a Lightning to USB-B midi cable cord for iPad and the Fracpad software either from the apple store or purchased from the Fracpad website? Is this correct or am I missing something, Thanks!
If your iPad doesn't have a USB C and has a Lightning port, your best bet is to get the Apple Camera Connection Kit adapter plus the cable.

However, this is to use FracPad - a paid app.

FM9-Edit does not run on iOS, only Windows and MacOS.

Hey @AlGrenadine - curious if you have any insight on how one could get midi feedback like FracPad or... have you ever though about making FracPad mappable?
You have to request data to the fasDevice, this is done via sysex, so you have to reverse engineer the sysex...
There's already been requests like this but it would ask Fracpad to communicate with 2 different midi interfaces : the fasDevice and the midi controller from which you'd like to map midi ccs... I'd need to rewrite many things and the most important thing is it would introduce regression bugs in Fracpad, which i can't risk...

Salut de France ALGrenadine :)

I bought the UGreen OTG cable to test with the demo version on Android (v13, a Lenovo). However I get the warning sign and the message "You've connected your AxeFx via MIDI/Bluetooth. Some functionalities may not work. Prefer a USB cable if possible".

I'm puzzled because it's obviously a USB cable...

Any idea before I pull the trigger to buy it ?

Merci à toi :)

Salut de France ALGrenadine :)

I bought the UGreen OTG cable to test with the demo version on Android (v13, a Lenovo). However I get the warning sign and the message "You've connected your AxeFx via MIDI/Bluetooth. Some functionalities may not work. Prefer a USB cable if possible".

I'm puzzled because it's obviously a USB cable...

Any idea before I pull the trigger to buy it ?

Merci à toi :)
Hi
If the software works then you can ignore this, it's probably because the name of your device is not recognized as a fractal name

Bought ! I will see how it behave with the full updated version.

EDIT: apparently it seems to be detected as usb on the full version (3.50). So far so good !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom