Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi Al,

What's different from the previous version? IOW, why should I upgrade if I I have the previous version for the Axe/Fx II and don't plan to get a III? I looked at the video and it the differences and/or new features weren't obvious.

Hi Al, I am having issues using the demo version on this device:

Cube Talk 9X U65GT, Android 4.4.2, MTK8392 Octa Core 1.7GHz - Official ROM
https://routerunlock.com/cube-talk-9x-u65gt-full-tablet-features-specifications-prices/

1) The app reads the preset at the Axe-FX II, but it freezes when I touch any block.
2) The app doesn't start when the USB OTG is connected. I have to connect it after starting the app.

Maybe this tablet is not compatible?

Good news: the demo version of the new FracPad for Android is working on my Cube Talk 9X U65GT tablet (I only had the opportunity to test the AX8. Tomorrow I will try it with the Axe-FX III)

One last question before purchasing it: Would it be possible to increase the font size? I can barely read the labels under the knobs, even wearing glasses.

Good news: the demo version of the new FracPad for Android is working on my Cube Talk 9X U65GT tablet (I only had the opportunity to test the AX8. Tomorrow I will try it with the Axe-FX III)

One last question before purchasing it: Would it be possible to increase the font size? I can barely read the labels under the knobs, even wearing glasses.
Yes, i plan to add this setting in next version
For now, the font size is tied to the knob size setting increase it

Hi Al,

What's different from the previous version? IOW, why should I upgrade if I I have the previous version for the Axe/Fx II and don't plan to get a III? I looked at the video and it the differences and/or new features weren't obvious.
For now no differences but differences will start to appear in 3.02 ;)

FracPad 3.01 is available for Mac and iOS !
It fixes the bad crash when connecting a gen2 device (AX8/FX8/AxeFx II)

Also, FracPad Lite has been updated to 3.01 and allows AxeFx III connection too ! :)

A couple of suggestions:

1) At the performance view, the column for displaying the Scene Name is too short. If you can make a little bit wider, we could read the entire scene name.

2) The "Switches" view is available only for the AX8. Would it be possible to enable it for the Axe-FX III? The purpose is to program touch switches for selecting scenes or presets (it would be nice to read the names of the 8 scenes when a preset is selected, and select them by pressing the names). That could be handy when we are too lazy to carry the MIDI controller to a rehearsal.

A couple of suggestions:

1) At the performance view, the column for displaying the Scene Name is too short. If you can make a little bit wider, we could read the entire scene name.

2) The "Switches" view is available only for the AX8. Would it be possible to enable it for the Axe-FX III? The purpose is to program touch switches for selecting scenes or presets (it would be nice to read the names of the 8 scenes when a preset is selected, and select them by pressing the names). That could be handy when we are too lazy to carry the MIDI controller to a rehearsal.
yup ;)

Here's a feature request that would be "gold" for me, something I've been trying to figure out how to do for a while:

I would love to have a Fracpad mode that displays what my foot controller buttons do for each MIDI PC msg received by Fracpad. Now I realize that Fracpad has no direct way to know but it would suffice if that information could be user-supplied. For example, I use an FCB1010 so maybe a user-edited config file could be read to overlay and display button function text on a FCB1010 (or other FC) image. Or, just simply load and display a jpg or png file that shows my pedal button layout for each patch change msg and maybe be able to update the image's "LED" status for CC changes. This would supply the info that in a perfect world would come from scribble strips on my pedal. Unfortunately, all the cool scribble-strip equipped pedals are expensive. I think such a function would fulfill a real need, for me at least. Anyone else think it would be useful?

I have thought of trying to code something myself but just haven't gotten one of those round tuits yet...

Here's a feature request that would be "gold" for me, something I've been trying to figure out how to do for a while:

I would love to have a Fracpad mode that displays what my foot controller buttons do for each MIDI PC msg received by Fracpad. Now I realize that Fracpad has no direct way to know but it would suffice if that information could be user-supplied. For example, I use an FCB1010 so maybe a user-edited config file could be read to overlay and display button function text on a FCB1010 (or other FC) image. Or, just simply load and display a jpg or png file that shows my pedal button layout for each patch change msg and maybe be able to update the image's "LED" status for CC changes. This would supply the info that in a perfect world would come from scribble strips on my pedal. Unfortunately, all the cool scribble-strip equipped pedals are expensive. I think such a function would fulfill a real need, for me at least. Anyone else think it would be useful?

I have thought of trying to code something myself but just haven't gotten one of those round tuits yet...
Mmmm
Looks pretty obscure

Well i'm not very familiar with apple closed things, but can't you just copy the file?

Apple's walled garden doesn't allow users access to the file system at all so /var is out of the question. When you get bored in the future maybe you could add a feature to export/import using Dropbox and or iCloud.

Apple's walled garden doesn't allow users access to the file system at all so /var is out of the question. When you get bored in the future maybe you could add a feature to export/import using Dropbox and or iCloud.
Yes, i need to understand how it works on Apple . .. Do you have some knowledge on this ?

True. Apple allows no direct interaction with the file system. Some apps (e.g., KeyPass) allow the use of DropBox and other cloud services for accessible file storage. Still, it’s cumbersome.

FracPad 3.01 is available for Mac and iOS !
It fixes the bad crash when connecting a gen2 device (AX8/FX8/AxeFx II)

Also, FracPad Lite has been updated to 3.01 and allows AxeFx III connection too ! :)

No luck for me Al :(. FracPad III 3.01 crashes immediately when trying to connect to axe fx ii xl+. I’m using an iPad Air 2 iOS 12 with a brand new Roland um-one and a brand new genuine apple camera kit. Before buying FracPad III, I had the original FracPad lite (1.24 or 1.25 I think) and it connected right away without a hitch. I then deleted the lite version and immediately purchased FracPad III, and as soon as I select um-one for midi in and midi out it crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I hope this is something you can fix. Let me know if you need anything else.

Oh and I took a screenshot of the last log I can send if that helps.

No luck for me Al :(. FracPad III 3.01 crashes immediately when trying to connect to axe fx ii xl+. I’m using an iPad Air 2 iOS 12 with a brand new Roland um-one and a brand new genuine apple camera kit. Before buying FracPad III, I had the original FracPad lite (1.24 or 1.25 I think) and it connected right away without a hitch. I then deleted the lite version and immediately purchased FracPad III, and as soon as I select um-one for midi in and midi out it crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I hope this is something you can fix. Let me know if you need anything else.

Oh and I took a screenshot of the last log I can send if that helps.
Thanks, i'm working on it.
No luck reproducing for now but i have an idea
Yes pm me the log please ;)

Back
Top Bottom